Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Food ideas for Xmas get-together (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/food-ideas-xmas-get-together-t234115.html)

DJ 11-09-2013 11:37 AM

This thread makes me wish I was having a party! Thanks for all the ideas.

judylg 11-09-2013 08:54 PM

There are some good looking recipes, thanks for sharing.

Monroe 11-10-2013 08:14 AM

I make lean ground turkey meatballs, then dip in an oriental sauce (teriyaki, tempura, or whatever is on hand). Bake on a cookie sheet and serve. Very good warm or cool, freezes well for a quickie meal or add into chicken broth with scallions. I rarely cook so multi-use foods work best for me.

tapper 11-12-2013 06:30 AM

Thank you.
My mouth started to water while reading some of those recipes!
I will try some of the easier ones.
Thanks everyone...you are the best!

gigi4419 11-13-2013 04:09 PM

Thanks for posting recipes!

clem55 11-13-2013 05:42 PM

We do a sausage /cheese dip made in a crock pot, it makes a big batch and everyone loves it.Also a cheese/egg /jalapeno quiche that is really good served hot or cold. Crab/cream cheese stuffed mushrooms. Bisquick/sausage/cheese balls. Country ham on either small biscuits or small dinner rolls.Cold shrimp and cocktail sauce. Wine, beer,soda and iced tea and lots of cookies, bars and candy.Christmas Eve is our family night , opening presents and sharing lots of love and laughter. On Christmas Day everyone is scattered about,but, those who can will come for a big breakfast. I'll share recipes .

MaryStoaks 11-25-2013 09:45 AM

I do a make ahead smoked salmon and cream cheese spread. I mince a small package of smoked salmon and mix it with either chopped chives or green onions and a regular size package of softened cream cheese. I serve it with some nice crackers. My friends and family love this easy treat.

QuiltE 11-25-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks (Post 6423791)
I do a make ahead smoked salmon and cream cheese spread. I mince a small package of smoked salmon and mix it with either chopped chives or green onions and a regular size package of softened cream cheese. I serve it with some nice crackers. My friends and family love this easy treat.

I cheat ..... I buy the ready made smoked salmon cream cheese. :D
No doubt no where near as good as yours .... now you have me drooling!

Libster 11-26-2013 03:15 AM

My crowd loves these and they are so fast to make and look great on a tray. I make them as much as 2 days ahead. Just slide your tray into a ziplock bag, put in frig, and you're good to go. Sour, sweet and salty all rolled up in one.

1 package cubed sharp cheddar cheese
1 package of fresh pineapple spears (cut into chunks)
1 jar of large green stuffed olives, drained

I buy the fancy little plastic picks at Dollar Tree(the ones with hearts on the top). Thread onto each pick-

1 cheese cube, 1 pineapple chunk, 1 olive

I never have a single one left over!

tapper 12-18-2013 05:12 PM

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas.