Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Food for a small Quilting Bee event (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/food-small-quilting-bee-event-t207289.html)

QuiltE 11-30-2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by dray965 (Post 5690058)
Thanks for the encouragement. :) I like the idea of the meatballs in it as well as cheese that can be added if desired. And I hadn't thought of hot chocolate...it's getting a little cooler now so that would be perfect.

I am trying for something that will be tasteful but not to difficult to put together.

Thanks again for the advise.

Dray - SE Oklahoma

If you want simplicity ... then load that soup into the crockpot so you'll have little to do while your friends are there.
More time for stitching for you! :)

sassy granny 11-30-2012 02:37 PM

That all sounds wonderful and filling. When I eat soup, I like a small sandwich of some kind. My favorite with home made vegetable soup is peanut butter. Grilled cheese would be good also. About any kin of finger sandwiches would work. Have fun and enjoy, the main thing.

sassy granny

QuiltE 11-30-2012 03:01 PM

How could we all have forgotten ?? ........... don't forget the chocolate! :)

plainpat 11-30-2012 04:17 PM

Tiny meatballs are easy to make ahead by baking ,then bag & freeze.You can remove them as needed.Be sure to use non stick foil or parchment paper to line the cookie sheet.

Originally Posted by May in Jersey (Post 5689568)
Little meatballs sounds great, makes the meal more hearty. May in Jersey

janjj 12-01-2012 05:56 AM

Our club does a small tidbits after the meeting. For November meeting I made pumpkin bars, had corn candy,
Made beer bread and spinach dip from Tastefully Simple. They loved it.

Cookie64 12-01-2012 08:58 AM

Sounds great to me, candy kisses tops it off. How do you make your tomato veggie soup?

Cookie64

dc989 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

We have a small group called Soup and Sew. The hostess always makes a pot of soup and serves bread and cookies. It is very simple and easy to serve without lots of utensils etc. One of the gals even grinds her own grain so her bread, biscuits etc. are fabulous.

barny 12-01-2012 12:02 PM

Hey, sounds wonderful to me. If the group is so fussy about fancy food, drop them. You can't do better than Soup and cornbread. Add anything else. You're going to sew, not have a big "dinner". Do it. They'll love it! By the way, if people start getting really fancy, it will get out of hand. Stick with your original menu.

MarLeClair 12-01-2012 12:52 PM

That sounds good. You could also have chicken breasts and salad, bread and something for dessert.

tesspug 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

If you're making the cookies, you could cut them into quilt shapes. Half square triangles, some white, some chocolate. The soup and cornbread sounds wonderful. I have a bunco group and when I made soup they were thrilled.