Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   fried zucchini recipe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/fried-zucchini-recipe-t195923.html)

ScrapQuilter 07-27-2012 01:55 PM

fried zucchini recipe

I does anyone out there have a good recipe for fried zucchini????
have had the bread but never fried zucchini.

Latrinka 07-27-2012 02:22 PM

Just slice it, salt and pepper it, dip in milk, then flour, then fry! Yummie!

kathdavis 07-27-2012 03:02 PM

I diced the zucchini, beat an egg and toss the zucchini in the egg, add Italian bread crumbs and a little flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss zucchini again. I fried it with a diced onion. Family really liked it. They liked it better this way than slicing it and frying.

chips88 07-27-2012 03:24 PM

egg, then flour and fry. crisco natural blend oil. yummy for the tummy

Quiltaddict 07-27-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by chips88 (Post 5399268)
egg, then flour and fry. crisco natural blend oil. yummy for the tummy

I also add some cornmeal in with the flour.

auntpiggylpn 07-27-2012 05:08 PM

I have had fried zucchini in a restaraunt but I have never made it. I love zucchini though! I slice one up with a yellow summer squash, toss it with olive oil, just enough to make it shiny but not drenched in it. I then season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder and put it on the grill in a veggie basket. Shake it around every now and then. Grill it just until it is not so firm but not mushy; it doesn't take very long. Then I sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on the top. YUM! We have this 2 or 3 times a week during the summer months.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 07-28-2012 02:51 AM

When I fry, I add a little milk to a beaten egg. I dip whatevrer I'm frying in the egg, then flour, back in the egg, and then dip it in the crumbs. I like panko crumbs because they're crunchy. I made eggplant like this yesterday.

Dodie 07-28-2012 04:31 AM

I slice zuchinni with some onions and green pepper salt and pepper fry until almost done then beat eggs pour over stir until done sprinkle with parmesan cheese a good breakfast dish with a bowl of fruit and some toast

mermaid 07-28-2012 06:51 AM

Zucchini Patties...Grate 1 lb. of zukes--let drain thru paper towel in sieve. Add 1 c. crumbs, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, 1 1/4 Tbsp. finely chopped onion, 1 Tbsp. parsley, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 egg, blk pepper, & 1 cup crumbs for coating. coating. Mix all together, make small (heaped Tbsp) patties, coat w/crumbs, fry in oil until brown on both sides (add oil as needed) This is one of our favorites.

mermaid 07-28-2012 07:17 AM

Another zuke recipe we love: Boil halves in salted water for 10 min. Drain, scoop out insides and mix w/fried (1/2 lb. Italian sausage, small chopped onion, garlic clove chopped, 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese) Stuff mixture back into zuke shells, top w/ 1/4 lb. mozzarella cheese and bake 30 min in 350 degree oven until piping hot. You can also use this method for stuffing eggplant and tomatoes.