Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Friendship tea (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/friendship-tea-t81642.html)

Psychomomquilter 12-09-2010 07:12 AM

good for the colds as well, but mainly for a feel good drink.

a container for this tea, jar with lid is good, a coffee can with lid also.

2 cup tang
1/2 cup instant tea
1/2 cup sugar
1 pk (koolade) lemonade
1/2 teasp cinnamon
1/2 teasp cloves
mix together in container

then;
cup of hot water, 1-2 teaspoon of the "tea"
sit back and enjoy your tea!

ncsewer 12-09-2010 07:52 AM

Thank-you, thank-you!!

I had this at a recent guild meeting and asked for a recipe. The gal gave me a rough idea, but I wasn't too sure that it was close enough measurements

She also had another tea recipe that had black raspberry jello in the mix and it great as well. She said she got it from an old Weight Watchers book. If anyone has that one I'd love to have it as well. She is supposed to be finding it for me, but I haven't heard and we're not close friends so I havn't bothered her with it.

Psychomomquilter 12-09-2010 08:42 AM

with this recipe, experiment , with adding the black rasberry to this?maybe a teaspoon added to the hot water along with the mix? can do about anything with this tea.

peppermint, and anything else, more spices, allspice cardimon, whatever you fancy.

dglvr 12-09-2010 09:08 AM

That looks yummy. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

cheryl rearick 12-09-2010 09:26 PM

That tea is called Russian tea mix, I just found it from a web site craftybear give out in recipes. WOW twice in one day. Love it, again psycomomquilter thank you.....

plainpat 12-10-2010 04:03 AM

Would love the raspberry recipe....if anyone has it.DD loves anything raspberry.

Originally Posted by ncsewer
Thank-you, thank-you!!

I had this at a recent guild meeting and asked for a recipe. The gal gave me a rough idea, but I wasn't too sure that it was close enough measurements

She also had another tea recipe that had black raspberry jello in the mix and it great as well. She said she got it from an old Weight Watchers book. If anyone has that one I'd love to have it as well. She is supposed to be finding it for me, but I haven't heard and we're not close friends so I havn't bothered her with it.

Psychomomquilter 12-10-2010 04:06 AM

hope all of you enjoy this recipe

CarrieAnne 12-10-2010 06:00 AM

Thank you!

New Quilter 12-10-2010 08:42 AM

I, too, would love the recipe for the raspberry tea if anyone sends it to you...thank-you, Naomi

plainpat 12-10-2010 09:24 AM

I went looking & found this Raspberry Tea Mix recipe. I'm going to try it & also the friendship tea as posted here.

3/4 cup instant tea, unsweetened
4 (.23 ounce) packets raspberry-flavored unsweetened drink mix
2 tablespoons lemonade drink mix
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice

Stir all ingredients in mixing bowl with wire whisk. Transfer mixture to 1-pint wide-mouth jar. If jar is full, gently tap bottom of jar on palm of hand to settle mix. Seal jar.

Decorate jar and attach the following instructions on a gift tag:

Spiced Raspberry Tea:

Makes 1 (6 ounce) serving.

1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Spiced Raspberry Tea Mix
6 ounces boiling water
Fresh raspberries (optional)
Fresh orange slice (optional)
Sprig of fresh mint (optional)

Combine jar mix with boiling water. Adjust amount of mix to your taste. Stir to dissolve mix. Serve hot or add ice for refreshing hot weather cooler. Garnishwith fresh raspberries,orange slice or mint.