Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/help-t158992.html)

SouthPStitches 10-08-2011 02:10 PM

My menopausal brain refuses to kick in. Several days ago there was a wonderful recipe for apple crunch containing caramel sauce and vanilla wafer cookies. Can't find it here for the life of me. Thanks!

Willa 10-08-2011 03:40 PM

I hope someone knows the recipe you're talking about. Do you remember if you had to go to another website from the thread to get it?

SouthPStitches 10-08-2011 04:06 PM

I believe someone had taken a picture of the crisp, right out of the oven so it must have been a direct posting for lack of a better term.

mizkyp 10-09-2011 06:36 AM

Here's my favorite version of Apple Crisps. They're not flat like most recipes. I like a nice big scoopful over vanilla ice cream, though with dieting, it's been frozen vanilla yogurt lately!

Apple Crisp (And Caramel Apple Crisp)

5 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. water
1/3 c. quick oats
25 vanilla wafers, crushed
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. cold butter or margarine, cut up
(If making Caramel Apple Crisp, you'll need 1/2 c. caramel ice
cream topping)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the apples, sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8" square pan. In a medium bowl, combine wafers, oats and brown sugar. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly. Set aside. If making Caramel Apple Crisp, pour caramel topping over apples in the pan. Pour water over apples. Sprinkle wafers mix over the top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.

mizkyp 10-09-2011 06:37 AM

It's not my recipe, but I saved it to make this weekend.

wildyard 10-09-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
My menopausal brain refuses to kick in. Several days ago there was a wonderful recipe for apple crunch containing caramel sauce and vanilla wafer cookies. Can't find it here for the life of me. Thanks!

The thread started out something like: You know it's fall in New York...

CherryPie 10-09-2011 12:52 PM

Go to search and type in You know it's fall in New York. When I called it up, it was the first one on the list. Good luck

Willa 10-09-2011 01:32 PM

You can get to it from your know it's fall in NY part 2 in general chit chat.

SouthPStitches 10-09-2011 01:41 PM

Thank you ladies, I got it! Plan to make a pan tonite.

np3 10-09-2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by mizkyp
Here's my favorite version of Apple Crisps. They're not flat like most recipes. I like a nice big scoopful over vanilla ice cream, though with dieting, it's been frozen vanilla yogurt lately!

Apple Crisp (And Caramel Apple Crisp)

5 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. water
1/3 c. quick oats
25 vanilla wafers, crushed
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. cold butter or margarine, cut up
(If making Caramel Apple Crisp, you'll need 1/2 c. caramel ice
cream topping)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the apples, sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8" square pan. In a medium bowl, combine wafers, oats and brown sugar. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly. Set aside. If making Caramel Apple Crisp, pour caramel topping over apples in the pan. Pour water over apples. Sprinkle wafers mix over the top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.

Good one!