Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   How Do I freeze Peaches (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/how-do-i-freeze-peaches-t195687.html)

peaceandjoy 07-26-2012 04:22 AM

I use them in a freezer peach pie recipe that's at allrecipes.com. LOVE it! Basically, you are making the filling for a peach pie and freezing it... Then, in the dreary winter, you have an amazing fresh peach pie. The recipe has worked for me every time - no runniness, perfectly set.

sguillot 07-26-2012 05:25 AM

Dito for me, I love making peach cobbler so I save the peal and seed, freeze ot sperate and when I'm ready to make the cobbler I add some water and sugar to the seed and peal and make peach juice out of it. Really delish.

wendiq 07-26-2012 08:48 AM

Thanks, Alice. I was wondering what will happen when I peel them. Putting them, all peeled at one time, in a bath of treated water, sounds good. I'm about to do this soon. We just ate a couple with breakfast......Yum! Yum! I think my friend and I are going to go to "peach country" next week and buy a lug to share. These are so much better than any from the grocery store and cheaper,too.....

rufree4t 07-26-2012 10:38 AM

Peeling them and slicing them into orange juice prevents discoloration. Freeze them in the size container where you will use them all with some OJ. When ready to use just thaw until just unfrozen. They taste like fresh.

mjhaess 07-26-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick (Post 5392809)
Blanch them to get the peel off. Slice them up. Use a mixture of sugar and "Fruit Fresh" (available at any store - follow the mixing directions on the label.) Put them in plastic bags and freeze. Easy as pie - peach pie!

I freeze mine the same way as has my mother for as long as I can remember...They are great when thawed...

Latrinka 07-26-2012 04:51 PM

That's one thing about peaches, they're only good for a short time! Never tried freezin em!

NanaCsews2 07-26-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick (Post 5392809)
Blanch them to get the peel off. Slice them up. Use a mixture of sugar and "Fruit Fresh" (available at any store - follow the mixing directions on the label.) Put them in plastic bags and freeze. Easy as pie - peach pie!

This is what I do, except before going into the freezer bags (I double them up unless I am using my Seal a Meal) I freeze them on a cookie sheet. That way when I take them out of the freezer, I can keep them whole, or I can slice them up for pies when still frozen.

MS/L.A. G.R.I.T.S. 08-03-2012 03:37 PM

My FIL used to make what he called "Peach Popstickles". Lay your peaches out on a sheet, single file. When ripe as you like, take and wash them and slice in two pieces (deseeding, of course). Then slice a lemon in half. Rub the lemon slice all over cut side of peaches. Place on cookies sheets in freezer, freeze, then bag in ziplocks or seal-a- meal! When you take one from the freezer, they separate easy, run the peach under cold water. The skin will peal off easily. Then wrap in wax paper and enjoy your FRESH peach popsickle!

Jo

RedGarnet222 08-10-2012 06:20 PM

I also love making the peach cobbler. But, has anone tried the peach butter? OMG ... I made it one year and it was gone before anything else! The recipe is at recipegoldmine.com.

Deborah1254 08-10-2012 11:55 PM

First of all, I peel and throw in the water then I bring some fruit throw in it too.Then I slice them into a colander to drain good. Put them in quart zipper freezer bags and you'll have enough for a pie.