Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   How to get rid of bitter taste? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/how-get-rid-bitter-taste-t259445.html)

Ms Kay 01-09-2015 01:03 PM

How to get rid of bitter taste?

I got a Keurige mini for Xmas. No matter what I do I can't get the bitter taste out of the coffee. I am using Foldgers classic roast. I tries cleaning it out with vinager and still get the same taste. I am using bottled water. Any ideas on what to do to get a better tasting cup of coffee.
Thanks for all the help I get.

Plumtree 01-09-2015 01:21 PM

maybe try a different brand of coffee? I haven't experienced bitter with mine but my hubby says I put so much stuff in it surprised I can taste the coffee :-) I hope you can figure it out :-)

MarLeClair 01-09-2015 01:54 PM

I agree. Try a different brand. I used to use Maxwell House or Folgers. With the mini I prefer Green Mountain. Keep trying.

leamelon 01-10-2015 03:16 AM

Pit cinnamon in the grds before u perk

judi wess 01-10-2015 04:11 AM

My favorite coffee brand is Choc ful o Nuts. You can make it really strong and it is never bitter. I think it is the type known as arabica.

Mary O 01-10-2015 04:33 AM

Go back to using a reg.drip coffee maker.I hated my Kuerig,sold it..Foldgers Columbian Supreme is what I"ve been using for many yrs.Hubby tries to bring home the Classic Roast because it"s always on sale.It has a terrible bitter taste to it.....Real coffee taste,keep it plain with no added junk to it.:)

kuntryquilter 01-10-2015 05:12 AM

I put just a pinch of salt into my coffee to get rid of the bitter taste. Learned this from my mother. If I forget the salt I know it as soon as I take a sip.

Edie 01-10-2015 05:53 AM

[QUOTE=Mary O;7041527]Go back to using a reg.drip coffee maker.I hated my Kuerig,sold it..Foldgers Columbian Supreme is what I"ve been using for many yrs.Hubby tries to bring home the Classic Roast because it"s always on sale.It has a terrible bitter taste to it.....Real coffee taste,keep it plain with no added junk to it.:)[/QUO

I would return it. Either get a new one or forget about it. Why do you have to bust your behind trying to get a taste out of it after it is paid for. And they are expensive.....maybe that's the bitter taste. I'd stick to instant or a regular old electric percolator. You can get them at a thrift store. Not to mention how expensive the packets for the Keurig are. I am sorry. But I just hate it when something that is a gift doesn't work and/or something you pay for doesn't work right. I feel like the person who bought it for me is getting cheated and/or if I bought it, I am cheating myself if I don't exchange it or get something different or get my money back. Edie

coopah 01-10-2015 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter (Post 7041565)
I put just a pinch of salt into my coffee to get rid of the bitter taste. Learned this from my mother. If I forget the salt I know it as soon as I take a sip.

That's what my mother does after the coffee is perked and in her cup. She learned it from her mother, too, and often does this in restaurants!!

nygal 01-10-2015 05:59 AM

I have a Keurig and wouldn't want to be without one!! We get a PERFECT cup of coffee every single time. We buy their Italian Dark Roast. I think it may be the coffee you are using.