Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   If you like hot and spicy....mac and cheese (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/if-you-like-hot-spicy-mac-cheese-t299150.html)

Jan in VA 08-27-2018 02:26 PM

If you like hot and spicy....mac and cheese

My daughter introduced me to this quick easy meal and now I make it all too often. It is SPICY!

1 box frozen Stouffer's Classic Macaroni and Cheese, Large Size
1 can Rotel Mexican Style Lime and Cilantro tomatoes
1/2 roll Jimmy Dean's Sage Sausage
shredded cheese for topping if you want it

Nuke the mac and cheese per package instructions.
Cook sausage and crumble while heating it.
Drain most of juice from the can of Rotel.

Stir all together in a serving dish and top with cheese if using it.
Nuke again for about 80 seconds. Let sit for a few minutes to set a bit.
Serve with cool salad or fruit.
Cool the tongue with sherbet to for dessert!

**Tone down the heat with a less flavored sausage, a mild Rotel or regular diced tomatoes, a less flavored frozen mac and cheese. Stouffer's has lots of seasoning in my opinion - which is why I love it.

Jan in VA

susiequilt 08-27-2018 03:08 PM

This sounds yummy!

I noticed you haven't been here in a while. I hope it was being busy and not a problem.
You were missed.

Jan in VA 08-27-2018 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt (Post 8117060)
This sounds yummy!

I noticed you haven't been here in a while. I hope it was being busy and not a problem.
You were missed.

You are sweet to have noticed. :o

I have been in Iowa with my daughter's family...and my adorable year-old grandson with whom I have a particularly precious relationship... for the past month. Before that I was on a sort of retreat with my former landlord at her lake cottage for a few weeks, coming home occasionally at night to regroup. It's been a lovely summer! Missed the Board, too.

Jan in VA

mjkgquilt 08-27-2018 06:16 PM

Jan in VA, glad to read about your summer and recent visits. Have missed you.

Anniedeb 08-27-2018 07:06 PM

Recipe sounds good...although I'll take your advice and tone things down. Ketchup is spicy to me!! I've missed your sage advice also. Glad you had the opportunity to spend time with your precious grandson!!

coopah 08-28-2018 03:22 PM

Sounds like a wonderful summer and delicious recipe! Thanks, Jan and welcome home!

SusieQOH 09-02-2018 08:16 AM

Hi Jan!!!
I could live on mac and cheese, darn it! I'm eating very little pasta these days. If I were on death row my last meal would be mac and cheese, my Mom's macaroni (Italian) and macaroni salad LOL

bigsister63 11-20-2018 08:03 AM

osewme 11-20-2018 05:38 PM

That recipe sounds great. I love spicy things. Glad you have been having a good summer. Time with family & friends is always a nice thing. Welcome back home.

nativetexan 11-20-2018 08:40 PM

I"m coming over to your house!!! sounds good.