Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   ISO finger desserts to serve at a womens function (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/iso-finger-desserts-serve-womens-function-t181172.html)

Tartan 03-01-2012 08:08 AM

If you have a cupcake stand, those always look good as a centerpiece to a dessert table. Fresh fruit trays are always popular too. I like the ones where you put the fruit on bamboo skewers and stick them into a weighted container like the floral fruit bouquets.

shnnn 03-01-2012 08:16 AM

I thought of mini cheesecakes too. We are also going to try out cakepops this weekend to see how we like them for dd b-day treat at school. Chocolate dipped strawberries are always simple but yummy, and use the same chocolate coating that truffles (and pb balls) use ;) you can also get the frozen mini tart shells and fill them with almost anything

QuiltE 03-01-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5021723)
If you have a cupcake stand, those always look good as a centerpiece to a dessert table. Fresh fruit trays are always popular too. I like the ones where you put the fruit on bamboo skewers and stick them into a weighted container like the floral fruit bouquets.

Or use a large piece of fruit to stick them into.

Another fruit that's always a hit at family gatherings .... take whole pineapple (do not peel or take off top). Cut down thru all to make 4 sections. For each section, slice between the outer skin and the fruit, so that the skin becomes like a shell or dish to hold all. Then slice. Leave standing inside the skin. Put a maraschino cherry on a toothpick and stick that into each slice of the pineapple. And watch it disappear.

sewgray 03-01-2012 11:03 AM

Chocolate covered strawberries. Quik and easy.

lttrslogo 03-01-2012 11:34 AM

How about a quiche type casserole. Press 1/2 package of crescent dinner rolls into bottom of greased 9X13. Beat about a dozen eggs and add whatever you like - cheese, mushrooms, broc, onions, etc. Pour over dough and bake at 350 until toothpick comes clean. I also brown a pound of sausage & drain it. While it is still hot, stir in an 8oz package of cream cheese and add this to egg mixture. Delicious and is good left over.
Another quick treat: Use the mini phyllo pastry frozen tart shells. Place on baking sheet and put 8-10 white chocolate chips into shells. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon favorite jelly or preserves over chips then top with a thin slice of brie. Bake at 350 for about 8 mins.
You can use the mini tart shells with finely chopped meat, veggies, a little bit of beaten egg, and cheese and bake them up for mini quiche. Enjoy.

quilter1942 03-01-2012 11:48 AM

I make sweet and sour weiners a lot.You can use the little smokies or weiners cut into 1 inch pieces.(I use Oscar Meyer)I use 2 to 3 packs.
Place in crockpot add 1 bottle Bar-BQ sauce,(I use Kraft original)1 small jar grape jelly,store brand is fine and 2 Tblp.Worchestire(? spelling)sauce,mix until jelly melts,cook on high for about 30 min then to low for about 2 hrs.drain sauce off,place on platter and serve.You can lay toothpicks beside platter or skewer all of them.I got this recipe from a caterer.

sassey 03-01-2012 01:55 PM

Put your favorite sugar cookie dough{ I use store bought}in mini cupcake pans and cook untill done meanwhile dip strawberries in chocolate and put 1 in each cookie cup just before serving add a little whipped cream makes a nice presentation and who doesn't love choc and strawberries I use dark choc chips to dip the strawberries in

AliciaH 03-01-2012 03:28 PM

I used to own my own chocolate business. If you need any recipes, tips, I'd be happy to help.

KyKaren1949 03-01-2012 06:05 PM

I've been seeing Cake Balls at things lately. I'm sure you can google and find the method to make them.

jodyma 03-02-2012 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by judylg (Post 5019969)
I have to do some baking for a shower in the spring. Anyone have any recipes that will get some ooohhhs and aahhs? Thank you for any suggestions.

I don't have the recipe, but little pecan pies are delish. The recipe calls for a cream cheese crust. Google to find recipe. Miniature quiches are also good.