Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   ISO Meatballs Without Barbecue sauce. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/iso-meatballs-without-barbecue-sauce-t145808.html)

plainpat 08-18-2011 02:29 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for all the tips everyone.

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Cream of mushroom soup, cream, a little nutmeg and finely chopped onion, serve over noodles, rice or my family loves this over mashed potatoes.

gmapuggy 08-18-2011 04:14 AM

I used to make meatballs with canned or jarred beef gravy. My kids all loved it.

MaryAnnMc 08-18-2011 04:56 AM

I make a sweet & sour sauce. It's always a hit!

1/2 c. brown sugar + 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, whisked together in a saucepan.

Add:
13 oz. can pineapple chunks with juice
1/3 c. cider vinegar
1 Tb. soy sauce
1 green pepper, chopped.
Add cooked meatballs, bring to a boil over medium heat, serve over noodles or rice.

Yum!

DebsShelties 08-18-2011 04:59 AM

How about sweet n sour, use jelly in the crockpot with the meatballs along with bell peppers, some pineapple, onion

darleneerickson 08-18-2011 05:17 AM

People rave when I bring these -

1 jar of grape jelly
1 jar of chili sauce -

but, Ijust realized that chili sauce has tomato in it - sorry

darleneerickson 08-18-2011 05:19 AM

People rave when I bring these -

1 jar of grape jelly
1 jar of chili sauce -

but, Ijust realized that chili sauce has tomato in it - sorry - Swedish meatballs do not have tomato and they are wonderful! If you can't find a recipe for swedish meatballs, let me know and I will do my best to find mine from my Swedish grandmother.

wolflady 08-18-2011 01:00 PM

PlainPat,
You can use a muchroom soup with your meat balls. Add a half can of milk with soup. It is great.

blueangel 08-18-2011 02:52 PM

I agree. I make those all the time.

katcox 08-18-2011 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I like to use BBQ sauce also but hubby doesn't like them that way. But when I am doing a potluck and take meatballs which is all the time...in fact this Saturday we have a big family party happening (sweet 16, cousins son is turning 15 and Cousins 20th wedding anniversary all rolled into one) but I buy Heinz Chili Sauce and grape jelly and heat them both up and simmer the meatballs in it. I think they may be called cocktail meatballs. But....if you make them without her seeing what you are putting in the sauce...she won't even know that there is the heinz chili sauce. You can also use jellied cranberry sauce instead of the grape jelly. It makes them taste like sweet and sour..OH So good. LOL

I was going to suggest this, I didn't know about the jellied cranberry thank you, I'll be trying that, sounds delish. When I first introduced the grape jelly and my daughter and her family loved it so much it turned into a once a week meal, over rice.

katcox 08-18-2011 03:50 PM

So don't tell them about the tomato in the heintz sauce. he may love it