Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   it's probably happened to you too !!--recipe search (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/its-probably-happened-you-too-recipe-search-t202022.html)

Mornigstar 10-01-2012 08:46 AM

it's probably happened to you too !!--recipe search

Planned to cook apples and pork tenderloin from a recipe which needed more ingredients than I had. Bought the needed then got up this morning and couldn't find the recipe on quilt forum back thru 2 months of recipes.
After 2 hrs and even going on the chat line I looked in cookbook area. There it was printed out in the local paper even showing a photo. All that wasted time --looked on forum, went to some web sites but never the correct one. I wanted this one or nothing. Meat has to marinate 6 hrs so I may have to shorten. Better be worth all this
aggravation.

Seems a lady may have asked me for Watermelon rind pickle recipe ---if I didn't reply it was because it happened
around the time of my surgery. If you still want it I now know how to start a thread and I can put it in the
RECIPE section. Please let me know as I would not ignore a request.

I'm sure you all have had days looking for printed mater as well as searching for sewing things.

institches33 10-02-2012 08:31 AM

This happened several times to me. Too many recipe websites. Now I cut and paste the recipe into Word and stash it into folders. Less stress and I can always find what I'm looking for!

quiltinggirl 10-02-2012 10:07 AM

I would love it if you were to post your Watermelon rind pickle recipe! I love these pickles and would love to know the recipe! Thank you for sharing. :)

Dakota Girl 10-02-2012 10:09 AM

I also have a recipe for sweet watermelon rind pickles if you can't find the other one. Long, labor intensive process but they are worth it. During the process your whole house will smell wonderful.

QandE2010 10-03-2012 04:33 PM

Morigstar, I'd love to have the recipe for the apples & pork tenderloin. Please pm me. I see you are from Bonita Springs. We lived in B.S. for 20 years. Thanks in advance.

M.Elizabeth 10-03-2012 04:42 PM

So do I! Copy, paste, and save, that is. Much easier.

Jo Anne B. 10-03-2012 06:35 PM

Would love to have the watermelon pickle recipe myself:)
I lived in Bonita Springs, loved it! '06-'08, plan on moving back early 2014!!!

MAK'58 10-03-2012 08:02 PM

Morningstar, I am the one who asked for the pickle recipe, and yes you did respond and told me of your upcoming surgery. Sorry that I didn't acknowledge you. Thank you so much. Haven't made any yet, but appreciate your time in responding, especially so since you were having surgery in a day or two. Hope all came out well and you are up and going now. Again, thanks.

Pepita 10-03-2012 10:17 PM

Are the apples just fried apples? I know that sounds terrible, but it is really wonderful. When I make pork chops I sometimes add the apples (cored, peeled, and cut in slices) at the end, and pan 'fry' it, now a days there is usually not much oil, but you may add a little, as the apples get soft add a little sugar(a small amount a teaspoon is plenty), either plain or brown to the apples. I usually serve then. Some may add cinnamon.