Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Kaiser, or Sandwich Bun Recipe Please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/kaiser-sandwich-bun-recipe-please-t304567.html)

tropit 05-06-2019 06:07 AM

Kaiser, or Sandwich Bun Recipe Please

I would love a great recipe for Kaiser Rolls or other round sandwich rolls. Also, any tips, or techniques on how to form and bake them would be helpful. Thanks!

~ C

Tartan 05-06-2019 11:25 AM

I have not tried these but they looked good and can be made in an hour. Go to YouTube and put in Living Traditions Homestead hamburger buns. It is a great website and easy to follow recipes as well.

romanojg 05-06-2019 11:51 AM

Go to King Arthur's website. I love his flour and he has fantastic recipes up there.

Murphy224 05-08-2019 12:52 AM

I second King Arthur's website. Look for the recipe for Big Beautiful Buns. They are amazing and I used to make them instead of buying hamburger or hot dog buns. I followed their instructions on making sour dough starter and have kept it going for over 2 years now. I use the "discard" of the weekly/bi weekly feeding of the starter to make buns now. The best thing I ever learned about making bread is to weigh your flour. also weigh the dough as you shape it into buns. I weigh flour for any recipe I use. That one thing has made a world of difference in my baking.
Happy Baking,
Murphy

tropit 05-08-2019 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 (Post 8250437)
I second King Arthur's website. Look for the recipe for Big Beautiful Buns. They are amazing and I used to make them instead of buying hamburger or hot dog buns. I followed their instructions on making sour dough starter and have kept it going for over 2 years now. I use the "discard" of the weekly/bi weekly feeding of the starter to make buns now. The best thing I ever learned about making bread is to weigh your flour. also weigh the dough as you shape it into buns. I weigh flour for any recipe I use. That one thing has made a world of difference in my baking.
Happy Baking,
Murphy

Thanks for the tips! I should really weigh my flour. It's just that most recipes don't list the amounts in weight. I have learned to weigh my cake layers when pouring them into the pans and that has made a huge difference in getting equal sized layers.

I went over to King Arthur's Flour site yesterday and found a Kaiser Roll recipe, as well as the Big Beautiful buns recipe. I'll have to get baking this week. so many recipes, so little time...err...energy. :)

~ C

Murphy224 05-09-2019 02:09 AM

tropit....on King Arthur's site on every recipe just under the ingredient title is a line: "Choose your measure: volume, ounces, or grams". Just click on ounces and the recipe is automatically converted to weight. I do it to get the flour weight but use volume for the other things like butter, water, milk, etc. Most all my bread recipes are from King Arthur, never had a failure. Somewhere on the site is a list of weights of ingredients, I can't remember where. I know that 1 cup of King Arthur plain flour is 4.25 oz and I use that weight for cakes, cookies, etc.

tropit 05-10-2019 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 (Post 8250868)
tropit....on King Arthur's site on every recipe just under the ingredient title is a line: "Choose your measure: volume, ounces, or grams". Just click on ounces and the recipe is automatically converted to weight. I do it to get the flour weight but use volume for the other things like butter, water, milk, etc. Most all my bread recipes are from King Arthur, never had a failure. Somewhere on the site is a list of weights of ingredients, I can't remember where. I know that 1 cup of King Arthur plain flour is 4.25 oz and I use that weight for cakes, cookies, etc.

Thanks...now going over to check out Tartan's YouTube site. Thanks everyone!

~ C