Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Le Creuset and Tumeric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/le-creuset-tumeric-t243735.html)

newBe 03-23-2014 04:55 AM

Le Creuset and Tumeric

I was thinking of purchasing light colored Le Creuset cookware with a white interior. I wondered if anyone has had experience with tumeric (or other items like red food coloring) staining the white interior or light-colored exterior. DH likes to soak my Lodge items in water, so I thought my birthday treat to myself would be my first piece of Le Creuset!

Nanny's dollface 03-23-2014 05:23 AM

I have not had problems with discoloring after cooking Indian food. The discoloring that I have had are with plastic white lids only. Le Creuset, Pyrex, and Corningware white have had no discoloration.

RedPatches 03-23-2014 05:56 AM

I have several pieces of Cuisinart's version of Le Creuset, which b-t-w, are a LOT cheaper (shop at TJ Maxx). I've never had any trouble with them staining. They wash up like a dream. My exteriors are red, royal blue and forest green (I like lots of color in my white kitchen) but the interiors are all light.

Onetomatoplant 03-23-2014 06:05 AM

I cook everything in my Le Creuset, and have not had any discoloration. And it's almost a nonstick material, so even the crusty stuff just comes right off. I love it. And it's orange! Really, can it get any better? :)

stitchhart 03-24-2014 05:03 AM

Cookware

Originally Posted by newBe (Post 6640376)
I was thinking of purchasing light colored Le Creuset cookware with a white interior. I wondered if anyone has had experience with tumeric (or other items like red food coloring) staining the white interior or light-colored exterior. DH likes to soak my Lodge items in water, so I thought my birthday treat to myself would be my first piece of Le Creuset!

Can you use them in the oven?

quilter1 03-24-2014 06:58 AM

I love love love my Le Creuset pots! They are so easy to clean and can be used on the stove top or in the oven. I have even used one in our Big Green Egg to bake beans. Over time and use, they do tend to get a little stained inside, but that only adds to the charm of these pots, IMHO. One warning- they are heavy! I have a blue one, a white one, a red one and an orange one, all different sizes. Go for it!

canmitch1971 03-24-2014 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=quilter1;6642140]I love love love my Le Creuset pots! They are so easy to clean and can be used on the stove top or in the oven. I have even used one in our Big Green Egg to bake beans. Over time and use, they do tend to get a little stained inside, but that only adds to the charm of these pots, IMHO. One warning- they are heavy! I have a blue one, a white one, a red one and an orange one, all different sizes. Go for it![/QUOTE
I totally agree with quilter1.....I have 3 Le Creuset pots and love them. I make stews and soups in them all the time.

oldtnquiltinglady 03-24-2014 07:52 AM

I too love the Le Creuset cookware. I discovered it by accident years ago while DH was still just an airman.....bought it in the BX and still have it--he's been retired now for over 20 years--it was always included in the "keep this" stuff when we moved.

Geri B 03-24-2014 07:56 AM

[QUOTE=canmitch1971;6642158]

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 6642140)
I love love love my Le Creuset pots! They are so easy to clean and can be used on the stove top or in the oven. I have even used one in our Big Green Egg to bake beans. Over time and use, they do tend to get a little stained inside, but that only adds to the charm of these pots, IMHO. One warning- they are heavy! I have a blue one, a white one, a red one and an orange one, all different sizes. Go for it![/QUOTE
I totally agree with quilter1.....I have 3 Le Creuset pots and love them. I make stews and soups in them all the time.

I have looked at many of these oh, so pretty, colorful heavy cooking pots n pans and just shake my head and move on......all I can think is heavy when empty, impossible when filled.....and terror on kitchen cabinet shelves.....give me my stainless steel p n p any day!

notmorecraft 03-24-2014 11:05 AM

I have had my Le Creuset pots and casserole dish for at least 25 years, I cook a lot of curries and not one of my pots has become discoloured over time, yes they are heavy but they are literally indestructible, believe me I have tried lol