Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   lemon pie using Eagle brand milk..need recipe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/lemon-pie-using-eagle-brand-milk-need-recipe-t266655.html)

jacie 06-20-2015 02:31 PM

lemon pie using Eagle brand milk..need recipe

I enjoyed a piece of wonderful lemon pie last week. I know it had lemon juice, Eagle brand milk, and cool whip. please, if you have this recipe would you share it here?

Tiggersmom 06-20-2015 02:49 PM

Just put in a search for eagle brand and their website has multiple lemon pie recipes.

Tartan 06-20-2015 03:40 PM

I wonder if it might have been the easy icebox cheese cake. It seems to me it had that combo on a graham crumb crust and topped with a pie filling?

RedGarnet222 06-20-2015 05:13 PM

I do! My aunt Ilene used to make this in the summer.

Lemonaid Pie

1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 small can lemonade
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 large container cool whip
1 pre-made graham cracker crust

On medium speed, soften the cream cheese until fluffy. Mix together the condensed milk and lemonade to unfreeze the lemonade and make it creamy then and add to the cream cheese. Fold in the cool whip and spoon into a graham crust. Let set refrigerated a few hours to set up.

I wrote this down while talking to her on the phone years ago, so the directions aren't like a recipe book. Sorry, but, this is how you make it. LOL!

Red

coopah 06-21-2015 04:35 AM

Sounds so good. Does 'one small can of lemonade' mean frozen, condensed...??? It sounds like a good recipe to make. YUM!!

sak658 06-21-2015 12:02 PM

One of my mom's favorite pie to make and I make it quite often..

Graham cracker crust.
1 can eagle brand milk
3 egg yolks (beaten)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
stir well, pour in crust...
Refrigerate for a while...
I put a dollop of Cool Whip on top when I serve it...

sewbelle52 06-21-2015 12:34 PM

My mom's favorite summer pie:

Graham cracker crust
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
8 oz. cream cheese, softened

Blend milk and cream cheese with mixer. Add lemon juice. Pour into pie crust and refrigerate til set.

nwm50 06-21-2015 02:23 PM

All these sounds wonderfully!! Mine was more complex....egg white has to be frothy for topping. Real lemons were used with cond milk and pinch of salt, etc.... It's a favorite of the family. I only make it like 2-3 times a year.

GloriaC 06-21-2015 04:26 PM

Family Favorite

Make this all the time. Can't find small frozen lemonade so get the big one

1 large and 1 small Cool Whip
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
1 large frozen lemonade
(you can add some lemon juice if you want - I do sometimes)

After mixing you can pour into graham cracker pie crust and put in freezer. I prefer to make my own graham crust and make parfaits alternating the graham cracker crumbs and the lemon filling

I also buy 3 oz plastic containers with lids to make individuals and freeze them. It will make about 25

brendadawg 06-22-2015 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by sak658 (Post 7233919)
One of my mom's favorite pie to make and I make it quite often..

Graham cracker crust.
1 can eagle brand milk
3 egg yolks (beaten)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
stir well, pour in crust...
Refrigerate for a while...
I put a dollop of Cool Whip on top when I serve it...

My mom made his one, too; but she would use the egg whites to make meringue for the top and then bake the pie long enough for the meringue to brown a bit. That way, you're not eating raw egg yolks in the pie, which some people frown upon, LOL.