Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Let's Talk Potatoes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/lets-talk-potatoes-t317891.html)

WMUTeach 05-02-2022 05:01 AM

Think of the Bubba Gump seen in Forrest Gump. Replace shrimp with potatoes. That's me! ;) Any way they come, I love my tatters: Sweet, gold, russet, redskins and on and on.

annievee 05-02-2022 03:08 PM

I agree---any way, every day !

MaryKa 07-05-2022 03:12 PM

Momma made boiled potatoes and she always peeled them beforehand. She kept the peels for potato soup--if I didn't get to them first. I loved to eat the peels raw and washed right off the plate of skins she was working. Daddy tried it once but didn't really care about them being raw. So all the more for her potato soup. She started setting some aside for me to munch on in a bowl of cold water. Don't do boiled anymore. Just toss it in the microwave and when baked eat it skin and all.

leaha 07-12-2022 10:35 AM

how about hot German potatoe salad, any one here make it? It was the one thing my hubby used to make

SueZQ from MN 07-12-2022 06:59 PM

I love peeled potatoes sliced thin, wrapped securely in a foil packet with thin sliced carrots, onion, butter, salt and pepper and cooked on the grill for about an hour turning half way thru. We usually have them with thick pork chops yum, yum. The leftovers are great too, mixed with any leftover meat cut into cubes.

tranum 07-14-2022 04:48 AM

Growing up on the farm, our noon Summer meal included a large bowl of boiled potatoes every day. The leftovers were usually made into potato salad or sliced for fried potatoes with the leftover meat and vegetables for our supper. We always had potatoes in the garden and the “new” ones were ready for digging for 4th of July. New leftover potatoes were never refrigerated if they were to be used in a few hours. They made better fried potatoes that way. At least that’s the way Dad liked them. We rarely had anything pasta.

osewme 07-14-2022 05:43 AM

We had too many red potatoes not long ago so before they went bad I cooked them & then cut them up in smaller pieces & froze them. I haven't used them yet but plan to put them in soup & see how they do. I just hope they don't completely fall apart when cooking the soup.

aashley333 07-18-2022 06:37 AM

I love French fries! Just purchased a cutting device that uses leverage to cut the potato (also squash) into uniform long squares. Put them on parchment paper, sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper, paprika, then toss with olive oil. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
Never deep fry again!

MaryKa 07-26-2022 10:24 AM

My favorite of all time is the peeled potato skins. Momma always washed and peeled the potatoes unless she was going to bake them. The plate pf potatoe skins were always set at my spot. Never did eat the potatoes and Momma never asked me to. Daddy tried the skins once and he put the plate back to my spot--said the didn't taste just right like Momma;s potatoes tasted. I thought they tasted just perfect.