Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Let's try this idea! What is your favorite lunch menu? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/lets-try-idea-what-your-favorite-lunch-menu-t265187.html)

Helen6869 05-14-2015 06:40 AM

Let's try this idea! What is your favorite lunch menu?

Do you have a go-to lunch menu that you keep on-hand for you and hubby? Looking for new and creative ideas. Thanks so much!

tessagin 05-14-2015 06:49 AM

pizza or sandwiches. Sometimes we go out. Can't really say a favorite. It's usually how much time. We usually eat out together on Sunday for lunch. Otherwise I have a sandwich at home (he brown bags) for work. It varies. I like to do a lettuce wrap with leftover meat and cheese slice.

Chasing Hawk 05-14-2015 07:15 AM

Anything leftover from the night before.

My husband says leftovers around this house are better the next day.

Helen6869 05-14-2015 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 7195391)
Anything leftover from the night before.

My husband says leftovers around this house are better the next day.

haha! I agree! just sometimes I don't cook enough the night before. Gotta start doing that! Thanks!

crafty pat 05-14-2015 09:56 AM

Ham, chicken and macaroni salad on top of a vegie salad. Fried rice made from leftovers, Egg salad sandwiches and leftover meatloaf sandwiches. When I make casseroles I make extra and freeze to pull out for lunches. In the winter we eat a lot of stews and soups.

Doggramma 05-14-2015 07:47 PM

I eat bagels a lot for lunch. There are so many toppings/fillings to use: tuna salad or egg salad, cream cheese, BLT, peanut butter, ham. A couple of my favorites are also pimento cheese or a combo of cream cheese/raisins/green olives. Usually I'll have a fruit with it for dessert. I'm not big into leftovers, but my husband will take leftovers for his lunch.

notmorecraft 05-15-2015 01:21 AM

Home made soups, stir fry with salmon or prawns or chicken, lots of veg and noodles, baked potatoes or just a fruit salad, I also love fruity couscous, Cook plain couscous, add a tablespoon of no added sugar orange or lemon squash and chopped up fruit of any kind. You can also use quinoa instead of couscous.

coopah 05-15-2015 04:47 AM

Leftovers, here, too. Today my choice is black bean soup or baked beans. Hubs is having tomato soup. (We went to Panera's yesterday and couldn't eat it all.) Sometimes we do tuna sandwiches...otherwise everyone just gets their own. And cleans up after themselves. Retired life is great for not having a schedule for lunch!

lass 05-15-2015 04:51 AM

Usually leftovers. But my sister has been making a lot of soups. One was a Taco soup. Another was cauliflower cheese soup.

Wanabee Quiltin 05-15-2015 06:36 AM

We like sandwiches, soup and salad plus leftovers. Whatever is in the fridge is what we eat, rarely eat lunch out unless we are shopping.