Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Mexican Lasagna.. cha ,cha , cha... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/mexican-lasagna-cha-cha-cha-t89918.html)

aneternalpoet 01-12-2011 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lunch today consisted of spicy creation of Mexican Lasagna.. I was in the mood for spicy , so I took out some of my jalepeno's that I put in the freezer from my garden this year, diced them up, some seeds and all, cooked with hamburger, onions, garlic, and tomatos that I had also canned this summer.. Cooked that down in some poblano chile juice that I also " canned .. Then added chopped olives, and celery that I sauteed.. Made it like a regular lasagna, though I used pepperjack cheese, cheddar, and a little mexican blend that I had left.. Baked it along with pepperjack/cheddar butter bread..Yummo!!

champagnebubbles 01-12-2011 02:13 PM

So want some right now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

clem55 01-12-2011 03:45 PM

OMG that sounds good!!

quiltlonger 01-12-2011 05:13 PM

Sounds spicy, I think YOU got spicy, Looks good & SPICY!*#!*

aneternalpoet 01-12-2011 05:16 PM

quiltlonger, it wasn't even that spicy when it was all cooked, oh well. It was good though, very good.. just played with the ingredients I had on hand, and in the pantry - came up with this since I love to make any type of lasagna..

CarrieAnne 01-12-2011 08:17 PM

Yum!

#1piecemaker 01-13-2011 05:40 AM

Man does that ever look good!!! Thanks for sharing.

meow meow 01-13-2011 08:12 AM

Yum that sounds good. I make one similar to that.....Fry hamburger meat,add diced jalapenos and tomatoe sauce/paste with a bit of water, add salt and garlic salt. Cook noodles in separate pot or buy the noodles you don't have to cook (lots simpler) layer noodle then meat sauce then Mozeralla cheese, and continue layering until ingredients all in with the final layer being mozerella cheese. Place in oven long enough for cheese to melt and eat. I buy french bread and as the cheese is melting warm that up with butter (my daughter actually mixes her butter with garlic and puts it on the bread) Umm guess I'm hungry now gonna see what I can fix for lunch.

aneternalpoet 01-13-2011 08:17 AM

Thats pretty much what I do with any of the types of Lasagna I make.. I do buy the no bake noodles, as they are MUCH easier, and faster.. I especially love making an apple Lasagna for dessert for when company comes.. I use apple slices, and apple pie filling, along iwth sweetened ricotta cheese, and cinnamon, nutmeg, ect.. I use the same mozerella cheese between layers, too.. its a very rich, and homey type dessert..

watterstide 01-13-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
quiltlonger, it wasn't even that spicy when it was all cooked, oh well. It was good though, very good.. just played with the ingredients I had on hand, and in the pantry - came up with this since I love to make any type of lasagna..

next time add some medium or home made salsa.

i even add it to chili. thanks for the recipe!