Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Need advise on Ice Cream Maker (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/need-advise-ice-cream-maker-t223355.html)

thimblebug6000 07-10-2013 05:51 PM

We had a machine for awhile & the ice cream was wonderful... of course, because you put whip cream in it!!! Anyway.... we have a hard time even finishing the smallest container of those yummy rich ice creams on the market these days.... We buy the smallest container if we're having company.... everyone takes their size choice.... a few month's later...I look in the freezer.... it's all crystalized .....It's all in how you view your special treats!

ptquilts 07-13-2013 04:22 AM

I have had both kinds, the one with the salt is too much trouble. I have the freezer kind but you have to stir it yourself. Only makes one pint. I have made it with evap. milk and fruit when I didn't have cream.

Thimblebug, what is wrong with you!!!! Ice Cream going bad in the freezer??? OMG, that would never happen in my house! LOL!!

thimblebug6000 07-13-2013 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 6174672)
I have had both kinds, the one with the salt is too much trouble. I have the freezer kind but you have to stir it yourself. Only makes one pint. I have made it with evap. milk and fruit when I didn't have cream.

Thimblebug, what is wrong with you!!!! Ice Cream going bad in the freezer??? OMG, that would never happen in my house! LOL!!

Hehe.... well now if it was a bag of nice salty chips they'd be gone in a flash!

carolaug 07-13-2013 07:25 AM

What we need is a good easy recipe. I have a kitchenaide recipe we had was ok...but store bought is better...until I find a simple good recipe.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 07-13-2013 07:46 AM

I love mint chocolate chip and I'm not going to attempt making that. I did make watermelon sorbet in it that I liked. Not sure it even needed the ice cream maker though. The recipe called for it but it was slushy after being in the maker and frozen solid after being in the freezer. I put the container in a pot filled with hot water a couple of minutes befoe I ate it.

Jennie and Me 07-22-2013 08:51 PM

My hubby is an ice cream junky. We have a White Mountain 6 quart electric and use it a lot. My grandkids all love my banana ice cream...me too! It's relatively easy to make and it makes the hubs happy. We also have the little one that you put in the freezer to use in the winter time. It works quite well for the two of us.

quiltingcandy 07-22-2013 09:51 PM

We have an electric ice cream maker. It makes 6 quarts and we use it twice a year. My youngest daughter really loves the home made ice cream so sometimes we make it on her birthday too.

puppy 07-26-2013 03:23 AM

i have several makers..i make ice cream all the time.. i love it too.!

BellaBoo 07-30-2013 06:24 AM

I have the Cuisinart countertop like Martha T. It came with two tubs. It does a good job. I keep the packaged ice cream mix and the tubs in the freezer. It's easy and less messy for kids to make. I found Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato at the grocery store and haven't looked at the maker since. LOL