Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   need inspiration: whats your favorite quick go-to weeknight supper? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/need-inspiration-whats-your-favorite-quick-go-weeknight-supper-t179147.html)

rushdoggie 03-07-2012 06:43 PM

Oh boy I tried a winner I saw on Pintrest tonight: Man Pleasing Chicken...its delicious, easy and requires no advance prep. A couple of he commentators say they have tried it on pork with good results. Don't forget the rosemary, it really did add a nice flavor.

To make this chicken, which you should absolutely do immediately, preheat your oven to 450ºF. Then, mix together 1/2 cup of dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. Put a 1.5 pound package of chicken thighs into an oven-proof baking dish. I used boneless, skinless thighs. Six came in my package, which made enough to serve 3 people. Then, salt and pepper the thighs. Pour your maple mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated. Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through. I find that a meat thermometer is essential in cooking because it allows me to check for doneness without cutting into the meat and losing its precious juices. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top. Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary. If there is ever a time to use fresh herbs, THIS IS IT! The flavors are just so good together. Enjoy the savory goodness of this meal!
http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/

ShabbyTabby 05-28-2012 01:53 PM

Tacos...takes so little time and effort and we all love them.

jimmyconnors188 05-29-2012 04:26 AM

[h=2]Fast food may not be the quickest option when you want supper in a hurry, and it's definitely not the healthiest. Give yourself 30 minutes or so to throw together one of these quick and healthy weeknight suppers.[/h]

DJ 05-29-2012 08:45 AM

Thanks for all the great ideas!

We like to keep frozen pizzas handy. Just plain cheese pizzas can be dressed up with whatever you have handy. We're trying to cut down on the red meat and find that Morningstar sausages can be added to the pizza for a great flavor.

Pam Riggs 05-29-2012 10:20 AM

Beef roast in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, cream of mushroom soup and water, salt, pepper, lemon pepper and parsley. Yum! Chicken bake spagetti - cut up boneless, skinless chicken breast, cook until white. Mix in with cooked spagetti, sauce, moz cheese and bake for 15 mins until cheese is melted. Another yum. Grandkids love this.

quilter824 05-29-2012 10:26 AM

easy stir fry 1 bag of bean sprouts 1 bag of coleslaw mix(not the dressing) and 1 pkg of cooked ready for salad type chicken or beef in large pan with small amt of oil fry coleslaw mix til it starts to uncrisp add beansprouts and chopped chicken add dash of soy and your done,also can add other veggies and cashews or whatever

QuiltnLady1 05-30-2012 02:59 PM

Black Bean Soup: Take a sausage (beef or chicken -- I have also used chorizo but can't eat it now) and slice rounds. Saute this with onion, garlic, thin sliced carrots and 1 cup of corn (frozen or fresh). Add a can of black beans and enough water to cover everything. Season to taste and bring to a boil. Enjoy.

Just Me... 05-30-2012 04:29 PM

Wraps! I always keep the shelf-stable wraps on hand. If we have any leftover chicken, I will julienne it and put it in...or you can use lunch meat....or you can use a bunch of other leftovers. I even will make a nice omelette and put it in a wrap for dinner!

Now that there is just the two of us at home, I am having a rough time not 'overcooking' and making enough for a small army. I throw the extras into the Gladware and into the freezer. On nights when I am uninspired, we "freezer" it!

Just Me... 05-30-2012 04:30 PM

Another thing I have done is sign up for Midwest Living's Daily Dinners newsletters. Sometimes they feature quick dinner ideas!

lfstamper 05-30-2012 04:36 PM

make spaghetti sauce on the weekend and freeze in dinner size containers. Place in fridge in the am to thaw the day you want to have it. Cook pasta, add salad and bread. Quick and yummy.