Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Need new recipes for the single serving mug cakes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/need-new-recipes-single-serving-mug-cakes-t255708.html)

pal 10-23-2014 06:31 AM

Need new recipes for the single serving mug cakes

My GD is giving out mason jars, filled with the mug cake ingredients, as the favors for her Sweet 16 party.

Her party is going to be at a working farm. We sure could use some recipes for the mug cakes. Thanks in advance.

pocoellie 10-23-2014 08:18 AM

Here are some "mug meals" from the 'net, you could probably get the "cakes" from goggling mug cakes.

Coffee Cup Quiche

1 egg
1 1/2 T milk
Salt
pepper
1/4 of a bagel /french bread, etc.
2 t cream cheese
1/2 slice prosciutto or ham
Fresh thyme leaves or fresh chopped chives
Dijon mustard

Beat egg and milk together with a fork in a coffee cup, adding salt and pepper to taste. Tear bread into dime-size pieces; stir in. Add cream cheese; stir in. Tear or cut prosciutto into small pieces; add to mixture. Sprinkle with thyme.

Microwave on high until done, about 1 minute 10 seconds. Garnish with mustard and fresh thyme or chives.

Meat Loaf in a Mug Recipe

• 2 T 2% milk
• 1 T ketchup
• 2 T quick-cooking oats
• 1 t onion soup mix
• 1/4 lb. lean ground beef
• Additional ketchup, optional

• In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
• Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
• Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.

Coffee Cup Chilaquiles

1 egg
1 T milk
Salt/pepper
1 T sharp cheddar cheese
5 tortilla chips, divided
1 T salsa
Sour cream
Queso fresco
Chopped green onion

1. Beat egg and milk with a fork in a coffee cup, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add cheddar; stir to coat. Break 3 or 4 tortilla chips into small pieces to fit in the cup; stir into the mixture. Add salsa.
2. Microwave on high until done, about 1 minute, 10 seconds. Garnish with remaining tortilla chips, sour cream, queso fresco and green onion.

Maggiemay 10-23-2014 09:50 AM

Pumpkin Mug Cake

3 tablespoons yellow cake mix (regular or sugar free)
1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice

Place all ingredients in greased mug
Microwave on High for 60 seconds

Enjoy!

AZ Jane 10-24-2014 05:43 AM

I think she needs a recipe for the dry ingredients, to add to the mason jars, as gifts. I would go with google.

ladydukes 10-24-2014 02:59 PM

I have one, I'll look it up and post it

ppquilter 10-25-2014 06:58 PM

There is always the 3-2-1 cake mug recipe i have heard of.

barking-rabbit 10-25-2014 07:34 PM

Will the favors be finished cakes or cake mixes to be made later?

Ladibug 10-26-2014 07:50 PM

Mug Coffee Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 tablespoons white sugar
½ beaten egg
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 drops vanilla extract
¼ cup all-purpose flour
⅛ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
Directions:
1. Stir 1 tablespoon softened butter and white sugar together in a coffee mug until fluffy; stir egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract into the butter mixture. Add ¼ cup flour and baking powder into the mixture stir until smooth.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Mash 1 tablespoon butter into the flour mixture with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over the cake batter in mug.
3. Cook in a microwave oven on high for 1 minute. Continue cooking in 10 second intervals until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.Ladibug

Ladibug 10-26-2014 07:59 PM

Microwave Chocolate Mug Brownie
Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 dash salt
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons all purpose flour
[h=2]Directions[/h]1. In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, butter, vanilla and dash of salt. Whisk well.
2. Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
3. Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Be careful not to overcook.
4. Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.

Ladibug - I have no idea what wattage microwaves these recipes were cooked in but I am guessing it was probably 1100.

pal 10-26-2014 08:40 PM

The ingredients will be put in the mason jars to be brought home and made later. My DIL is having a party with her friends to prepare the ingredients. What fun they're going to have! Thank you for the recipes!