Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   New Air Fryer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/new-air-fryer-t283216.html)

slbram17 10-23-2016 10:44 AM

New Air Fryer

I know there have been a few discussions on this appliance, but I just got mine Friday. A NuWave Brio.

We make frozen fries in the oven and I always hated that they seemed like they took forever - 40 - 45 minutes at 400 degrees.

Well, I made frozen steak fries in the air fryer, took around 16 minutes plus 3 minutes pre-heat. No oil needed. Turned out wonderful and just enough for the two of us. I want to try the roasted brussel sprouts next..

I don't care to use the oven for hardly anything...it's a nuisance to clean or run the self clean at ungodly heat temperatures. So I enjoy trying different alternatives.

Just sharing and I know a few of you have them already. I also want to get a cookbook for it...saw one on QVC that I might go ahead and pick up. My air fryer is a NuWave and may be a little different than the other brands but that is my experience...new and limited such as it is.

NoraB 10-23-2016 10:46 AM

Thanks for the information. I've seen the NuWave oven and have wondered about getting that. But, I might look into the NuWave air fryer. Anything that helps me cook! !!

slbram17 10-23-2016 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by NoraB (Post 7683640)
Thanks for the information. I've seen the NuWave oven and have wondered about getting that. But, I might look into the NuWave air fryer. Anything that helps me cook! !!

I know it's too soon to say it is wonderful, but I really like the way the fries turned out. But the recipes included are very few in number. But what's kind of nice for us is the recipes are mostly for two people. Woohoo! There's recipes for Baked Potato, Roasted Brussel sprouts, home fries, air baked eggs, sliders, buffalo wings, chicken kiev, chicken satay, chicken tenders, cajun shrimp, skirt steak, citrus green beans, apple pie (uses premade frozen pie crust and 1 large apple), crescent rolls, and a few more.

JustAbitCrazy 10-23-2016 05:15 PM

Thanks for the review. I've been tempted by those infomercials. Haven't pulled the cord yet, though.

slbram17 10-23-2016 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 7683887)
Thanks for the review. I've been tempted by those infomercials. Haven't pulled the cord yet, though.

QVC has the Cooks Essentials brand air fryer today as a todays special value...very easy returns. It is a larger size than the NuWave, and the demonstrators said it can cook a 6 lb turkey breast. And buttermilk biscuits.

Rennie 10-24-2016 06:14 AM

I've been looking at it, but gosh, it looks so big (the one on QVC). I don't have a lot of counter-top space and I hate a lot of clutter. Is it really something some of you use every day? I need something that will work for 2 people, not 6 or more - so I think that is what is holding me back on this.....

slbram17 10-24-2016 06:09 PM

I hate too much stuff on my counter too. I found a spot for it in a bottom cabinet. Recipes seem to be based on two people. Nuwave is what I have.

Ruby the Quilter 10-24-2016 06:28 PM

I bought the Cooks Essentials and didn't think the frozen french fries were as crisp as they said. At least QVC makes it easy to return the items.

slbram17 10-24-2016 07:30 PM

I have to say
Nuwave did a topnotch job on frozen steak fries. Kohls sells it.

JustAbitCrazy 10-25-2016 04:26 AM

You can buy a NuWave at Kohls? I might have to check that out. TY!