Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   NUTELLA CHEESECAKE RECIPE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/nutella-cheesecake-recipe-t134605.html)

meanmom 07-01-2011 07:47 PM

Crust:
Crush about 1/3 box oreos in blender
1/2 chopped toasted hazelnuts
3 tbsp melted butter
mix together and press in to 9" springform pan
Preheat oven to 350 bake 12 to 14 minutes. Cool
Filling:
3 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vanilla
2 or 3 tbsp Frangelllica liquor(can omit but gives good hazelnut flavor)
3/4 cup nutella
12 oz mini chocolate chips
Bring a pot of water to a boil for a water bath. completely cover outside of springform pan with wide aluminum foil so it doesn't leak water. Beat cream cheese, add sugar. Scrap down the bowl often. Add eggs one at a time scraping bowl after each egg. Add heavy cream, lemon juice, vanilla, Frangelica, nutella beat until smooth, scraping down bowl occasionally. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour filling over crust. Tap on counter several times to remove bubbles. Place a large pan in oven. Place cheesecake in the center of pan. Pour in water about half way up the sides of the pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until almost done. It should hold together but still jiggle in the middle. Turn off oven and keep door closed for 1 hour to finish cooking. remove from oven and water bath. Cool completely.
TOPPING:
2/3 cup nutella
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
heat cream until just boiling remove from heat. Stir in nutalla. pour on top of cheesecake. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill. Tastes better if it chills overnight.

I hope you enjoy this

craftybear 07-01-2011 07:49 PM

thanks for the recipe

Murphy1 07-02-2011 06:35 AM

Wow this looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.

olebat 07-02-2011 08:50 AM

Oh my, Just the sound of this puts pounds on the thighs. I'm a softy for cheese cake and Nutella both. DH is the master cheese cake chef in our house. Perhaps I'll leave this laying where he can find it for my birthday, which is only a month away. Thanks!!!

nance-ell 07-02-2011 08:51 AM

Oh wow! I love nutella and I love cheesecake. Sounds like the best of both worlds to put them together. Thanks for posting; I'll have to try this one!

svenskaflicka1 07-02-2011 11:18 AM

*dies from pleasure just reading the recipe*

must go to the grocery store. NOW!!!

daisydebby 07-02-2011 02:45 PM

Sounds good, thank you:)

MissyGirl 07-04-2011 10:35 AM

Is there any chance you took a picture of the cheesecake? I would LOVE to make this. I am a nutella fanatic. YUMM-O!

Missy

meanmom 07-04-2011 04:42 PM

No I didn't take a picture of it sorry.

apronlady 07-04-2011 05:15 PM

WOW...thank you for sharing this one! I made a Reese's peanut butter cup chocolate cheese cake last weekend. My guests ate every morsel; guess that was good since my hips can't afford it!