Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Peanut Butter Cookies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/peanut-butter-cookies-t290630.html)

LindaJ 08-21-2017 04:18 AM

Peanut Butter Cookies

[h=2]
[/h]
  • I use this recipe and throw everything in the mixing bowl at once. Always turns out great.
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
[h=2]Directions[/h]
  • Cream together the shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into the peanut butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Make small balls of dough. Flatten with fork dipped in flour to form cross-wise pattern.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just set. Remove from baking sheets to cool on racks.

jcraine 08-21-2017 11:19 AM

I am going to bookmark this recipe because I have had successes and failures on different PB cookies recipes. Thanks!

tranum 08-21-2017 11:59 AM

Well, that's easy ! Mine has honey in it, can't post it since I'm on an extended trip. I make all cookies large, stack them in empty oatmeal containers and freeze. If a Granchild stops, or we go see them, handy to pull out and send along. No container to return (like they would anyway ???). Haha

DebbieJJ 08-22-2017 01:24 AM

Thanks LindaJ, I love peanut butter cookies....now, if I just had someone to make them for me, it would make my day!:D

Wanabee Quiltin 08-22-2017 05:57 AM

This is my recipe given to me by my niece about 40 years ago. These are delicious and sometimes I don't flatten them and when they are done, I put a Hershey kiss in the middle, my DD's favorite cookie.

BCM 08-22-2017 07:24 AM

Anyone have any experience with using self rising flour instead of the all purpose, baking soda and baking powder? Thanks in advance for any answers!

osewme 08-22-2017 08:25 AM

I was just thinking about PB cookies last week...I love them.
DebbieJJ, I can p.m. you my mailing address if you want to make them for me! The mailman will make a speedy delivery right to my mailbox. :)

LindaJ 08-23-2017 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 7892185)
DebbieJJ, I can p.m. you my mailing address if you want to make them for me! The mailman will make a speedy delivery right to my mailbox. :)

Laughing, now you sound like my kids!

DebbieJJ 08-24-2017 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 7892185)

....and here I was, thinking I could send you my address! LOL!:)

Annaquilts 08-31-2017 07:06 AM

I want the one with the Hersey Kiss on it. OK I am printing this recipe out for my kids.