Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Pizza Dough (Like Pizza Hut) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/pizza-dough-like-pizza-hut-t176574.html)

pastimesquiltdesign 01-22-2012 01:59 PM

Pizza Dough (Like Pizza Hut)

1 Attachment(s)
This is supposed to be like Pizza Hut Dough. I tried it for the first time today and used it to make a Spinach-Artichoke Calzone. I thought it turned out fantastic and it was very simple to make.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305270[/ATTACH]

You will need the following ingredients
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
2 tsp sugar
2 Tblsp olive oil
2 Tblsp cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3 cups all purpose flour
Combine yeast and sugar with warm water and let stand until dissolved and foamy. Place in bread machine. Add the remaining ingredients. Set on "dough" setting. When finished roll out on a lightly floured work surface. Rub a small amount of olive oil on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
Place dough on sheet. Add your favorite toppings and bake at 375 degrees for about ??? minutes.
I don't know, until it's done. LOL. I baked my Calzone for about 20 minutes. Peggy

TShooters 01-22-2012 04:57 PM

Ooooohh...this looks so yummy. I make homemade pizza, and will definitely try this dough/crust recipe. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

quiltinggirl 01-22-2012 06:38 PM

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I will have to give it a try. :)

Caswews 01-23-2012 06:55 AM

A must try for sure ....thanks for sharing !!

NanaCsews2 01-23-2012 07:00 AM

Did you let this rise a second time after placing it on the sheet?

honeybea 01-23-2012 07:06 AM

I don't have a bread machine but would like to try this recipe.......any changes that I need to make.....I'd appreciate your info......Thanks

pastimesquiltdesign 01-23-2012 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 (Post 4901984)
Did you let this rise a second time after placing it on the sheet?

Oh sorry, yes I let it raise for another 30 minutes after constructing it, but I don't think you would need to for making a regular pizza.

Margie 01-23-2012 07:38 AM

Can you use it to make by hand instead of a bread machine or do you need to adjust the recipe?

pastimesquiltdesign 01-23-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Margie (Post 4902133)
Can you use it to make by hand instead of a bread machine or do you need to adjust the recipe?

I'm sure you could make it by hand with no adjustments. Just make sure to knead it until smooth, then set it in a warm place to raise until doubled. I don't think you would need to let it raise a second time for regular pizza.

ptquilts 01-23-2012 06:45 PM

I can't say I think much of Pizza Hut pizzas!! Now if I could get a dough recipe to make pizzas like we used to get 40 years ago, from any little independent pizzeria - it had big bubbles in it, very stretchy, and great flavor!!