Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Pound Cake Recipe Wanted (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/pound-cake-recipe-wanted-t42360.html)

BATmama 04-10-2010 10:06 PM

My mom use to make a pound cake that was really moist on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside. All I remember is that she used a lot of eggs. She passed away and didn't pass on her pound cake recipe. Will someone please share their recipe. Thanks.

KeenKountryKreations 04-11-2010 05:53 AM

This is the one that was handed down to me and it comes out wonderful! Crust is a little denser than middle. I have to make one every week for George & another for his guys at work!!

Ingredients:
•2/3 cup butter
•1 1/2 cups sugar
•2 eggs
•2 cups sifted flour
•3/4 teaspoon baking powder
•3/4 teaspoon salt
•2/3 cup milk
•1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together the dry ingredients. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture, alternating with milk and vanilla. Do not overmix. Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 325° for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.

I use my Cuisinart to mix everything.

grammyp 04-11-2010 06:52 AM

Here is mine:

Aunt Sue's Pound Cake

Mix in order
1 cup butter flavor Crisco
2 3/4 cup sugar (you can use 3 cups, but the top cracks)
5 eggs (added 1 at a time, mix well between
1 cup milk
1-2 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash salt

Pour into greased/floured tube pan (I use Baker's Joy) and place in cool oven. Turn on oven to 350 and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Check after 80 minutes, some ovens vary.

Alondra 04-11-2010 09:51 AM

One of the best recipes for a cake like you described was one given to me by my father's business partner many years ago. This is a heavy cake with an exquisite texture and an outside crust, as you mentioned. Beware... it's addictive. :)

Charlie's Pound Cake

1/2 lb. butter (not margarine!), room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 cups sifted unbleached flour
6 large or extra-large eggs, beaten lightly
1 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
1 teaspoon almond flavoring (optional)

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, add the eggs and flavoring. Work in the flour all at once. Mix well, but with as little stirring as possible. Bake in a buttered, floured tube pan for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cake is done when it begins to pull away from pan. It should slip right out of the pan, but if it doesn't, just let it stand upside down on a plate for a few minutes.

mountain-moma 04-11-2010 10:05 AM

Here is mine and it's oh so good i hope you enjoy:
7 Flavor Pound Cake
2-sticks butter (pure)no marg.
1/2-cup Crisco
3-cups Sugar
5-eggs (I put my eggs out and let them become room temp.)
3-cups Flour
1/2-tsp.-Baking Powder
1-cup Milk
1-tsp.-Vanilla Flavor
1-tsp.-Coconut Flavor
1-tsp.-Rum Flavor
1-tsp.Butter nut Flavor

1-tsp.-Almond Flavor
1-tsp.Lemon Flavor
Mix well Bake 300* 1 hour 45 mins.

I love a slice very thin with a glass of cold milk

BATmama 04-15-2010 04:09 PM

Thank you for all the wonderful recipes. Thay all sound so good I guess I'll have to make each one.