Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Prime Day InstaPot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/prime-day-instapot-t298482.html)

mac 07-25-2018 10:36 AM

Prime Day InstaPot

Well, I have been waiting for a deal on the InstaPot and I finally got one on Amazon's Prime Day. The price was usually going for $99.00 now was only $58 and I put it in my cart. While looking at some other deals, my cart was suddenly emptied -- the website crashed! I didn't know Amazon's website crashed and I just couldn't get it back. I was so disappointed, that I just closed down my computer for the day. Fortunately, I had to get back on my computer to find a recipe and decided to go back to Amazon just to see what else was on sale. Lo and behold, there was the InstaPot back on sale, so this time I put it in my cart and purchased it right then and there -- no fooling around this time. Was I happy.

Now I have to figure out how to start the thing. Any suggestions -- I hate reading instructions :confused:. Any videos you can suggest, good cookbooks, or tutorials?

Nanny's dollface 07-26-2018 04:00 AM

Read the instructions.... and watch you tubes. I recently bought a pot and before even thinking about turning it on watched several videos on you tube- very informative. Just type in “using instant pot first time”.
good luck

Jane Quilter 07-26-2018 04:18 AM

super easy baby back ribs. uses only salt, pepper, bbq sauce, and apple cider vinegar. You tear off membrane, rub on salt and pepper, then cook for 28 min, soooooo easy. This is our most favorite meal since we got our instapot.

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/...tant-pot-ribs/

Stitchnripper 07-26-2018 07:50 AM

I love my three Instant Pots. A friend just got one on prime and I encouraged her and she has had good results.
Lately my two favorite words - Instant. And Pot.

JanelleTrebuna 07-26-2018 12:16 PM

Congrats on your score. That's a great price.
I have two; 6qt and 8 qt and love them.
I'll never make hard boiled eggs any other way.
I use mine at least twice a week, often more.
DH mentioned buying a 3qt for our trailer. :)

Enjoy! They free you up to sew more. (time saved)

Janelle

tranum 07-26-2018 12:37 PM

Our daughter is a “Pressure Cooker Whiz” and she learned it all on You Tube. “This Old Gal” has lots of recipes and tips also so it’ll be helpful to subscribe to her website, blog or whatever it’s called. Today she’s got Buffalo Pulled Chicken. I bought a great cookbook at a garage sale. It’s got a great chart for meats etc. Embrace your cooker, you’ll love it.

kay carlson 07-26-2018 07:22 PM

You are in luck. The manual has a simple test with water to acquaint you with the appliance. Run through the test, see the results, and jump for joy as you discover the versatility of the Instant Pot. I made pulled pork today. Hubby was doing taste testing (quality control) as I was attempting to shred the meat. He liked the results. Out of the blue this evening he asked if we could cook a frozen roast from start to finish..... Yup, he wants a beef roast with vegetables and gravy. :-)

JohnnaLeeQuilts 07-26-2018 11:30 PM

If you are on Facebook there are some great groups for the instantpot. I love mine! I must say, except for the time tables for cooking, the directions are terrible. I found the Facebook group helped me the most. Also, you can google recipes and instructions. The device has become so popular there is so much information on the internet, its crazy! Have fun!

mermaid 07-27-2018 02:24 AM

Yay! I got the instapot just now from Walmart for $59.92+, w/free shipping. I might have made a mistake in choosing the 3 qt (2 people)..perhaps should have gotten a lgr pot. Anxious to see if it's all that people are raving about. Honestly, tho, I can't see using it for boiling eggs! I simply bring my eggs to boil in water, turn off heat, cover and let sit for 13 minutes. Perfect every time.

Onebyone 07-27-2018 09:19 AM

While looking at some other deals, my cart was suddenly emptied -- the website crashed!
The crash only lasted a few minutes. I bought family members Kindle Fire 7s for Christmas presents for $30 each. They can watch movies, use internet, email, and of course read a book on it. I'll add a Netflix or Amazon gift card and my major Christmas shopping is done. Everyone likes getting a new device as extra for the kids or to toss in a purse or suitcase.

I bought an Instapot but seldom used it so gave it to my DD. I use my stainless stove top pressure cooker. Nothing to program, just fill and cook. LOL