Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Pumpkin Rolls (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/pumpkin-rolls-t235571.html)

quilterj 11-26-2013 04:20 PM

Pumpkin Rolls

Have been making these for a few years now but have never asked anyone what I am doing wrong. After putting the cream cheese on and rerolling it sometimes my wax paper wants to stick and pulls my bread apart. Am I using to much or not enough grease on the pan and wax paper? Sometimes it comes out just right. I think I am using too much when my bread feels a little too moist. I always check to make sure it is done.

Treasureit 11-26-2013 04:27 PM

I would have to look at my recipe again but I think I use saranwrap to wrap them...Or maybe you could try a new piece of wax paper before you roll it again. Also try adding some sifted powdered sugar on the paper before you roll it?

amber1957 11-26-2013 04:35 PM

I use parchment paper. I spray it with "pam" and then flour it. Most of the time it works.

quilterj 11-26-2013 04:38 PM

My recipe says to grease the pan and the wax paper. When done pull wax paper and bread off the pan let cool alittle . Put powdered sugar on it and roll till cool. Unwrap and add the cheese then reroll that's when I have my problems. Am I not using enough sugar on it before rolling the first time. By the way mine says that when I am ready to reroll that is when the paper comes off.

quilterj 11-26-2013 05:20 PM

I have read some where that they didn't grease their pan only the wax paper. And also used towels and flipped it onto the towel when coming out of the oven. If anyone here has done it this way what kind of towels do you use?

Bullock2us 11-26-2013 06:44 PM

I don't use wax paper. I grease and flour my pan-use a jelly roll pan-let it sit for 5 min after coming out of the oven then turn it onto a flour sack dish towel sprinkled with powdered sugar(make sure not to use the other kind of towel -will leave fuzzies in it-don't ask how I know this-LOL)roll it up in this and refrigerate until cool. Than I put it on non-stick reynolds wrap foil and that is how I keep it refrigerated-unless I am slicing it onto plates to give as gifts. This is my husbands and boss's favorite so I make it for them quite often.

Treasureit 11-26-2013 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj (Post 6426169)
I have read some where that they didn't grease their pan only the wax paper. And also used towels and flipped it onto the towel when coming out of the oven. If anyone here has done it this way what kind of towels do you use?

That is right..i use a towel after the oven!! NOT Terrycloth. The cotton ones - that I use to dry dishes with or line a bread basket. (I really should go get the recipe, but I have too much else to do!)

quilterj 11-26-2013 07:39 PM

Well on my last two I off course used the kitchen towels and got the fuzzies. I must not have let it cool long enough started to roll it and it stuck worse than on the wax paper.So do you just dust the flour on your pan or generously? I went to food net work and read that Paula Dean also puts hers in the refrigerater for about 1 hr. Well thank you everyone for the tips going to use them and see how things go. Should be a lot better I'm sure.

toverly 11-26-2013 07:42 PM

I spray the pan with Pam with flour and use parchment papter. When it's done I flip out onto muslin. I use muslin I purchased just for making these so, I know it's clean and fresh (no fuzzies). I also use powdered sugar on the muslin.

nprisner 11-27-2013 04:44 PM

I'm having problems with mine breaking as I unroll them from the towel when cool. They still taste good but don't look as pretty. Any help for this? Thanks