Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   questions, questions!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/questions-questions-t200544.html)

Psychomomquilter 09-15-2012 10:01 AM

questions, questions!!!

Found something at a yard sale, got them for 50 cents each. one is Non stick angel food pan # 39863 (four is together) then 8 piece holiday non stick spring form pan set. this has a, pumpkin, cupcake w candle,heart, bunny and bear. Also the flat surface plate.

Now what I want to find out and hopefully with your help(?)
1. can I bake any type of cake in the angel food cake pan?
2and for the other cake pan, will it hold a cake mix, or is it like a two cake pan type .

3 also any recipes on how to bake with these pans? or do I do a hit and miss with them.
any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Pinkiris 09-15-2012 10:41 AM

Not real clear about your descriptions. Could you post a picture?

ptquilts 09-15-2012 02:36 PM

Psycho, take a "normal" cake pan and see how many cups of water it will hold. Then do the same thing with the special holiday pan. This will give you an idea how much it will hold.

newbee3 09-15-2012 02:43 PM

yes you can bake any kind

carolaug 09-15-2012 03:08 PM

OMG...I was in the store today because I just bought a new pan last week at the thrft shop and they no longer sell the bunt cake mix. Thank-you for asking this!!!! I will go back tomorrow and pick up a box of regular cake and also search for a recipe on line for a bunt cake.

carolaug 09-15-2012 03:09 PM

ps...I also bought a spring cake pan there new...are you sure you are not me... ; )

Quiltaddict 09-15-2012 05:17 PM

I used to have one of those spring form pans and I always used just one cake mix it it. It's a fun pan, hope you enjoy it.

Snooks 09-16-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter (Post 5516379)
Found something at a yard sale, got them for 50 cents each. one is Non stick angel food pan # 39863 (four is together) then 8 piece holiday non stick spring form pan set. this has a, pumpkin, cupcake w candle,heart, bunny and bear. Also the flat surface plate.

Now what I want to find out and hopefully with your help(?)
1. can I bake any type of cake in the angel food cake pan?
2and for the other cake pan, will it hold a cake mix, or is it like a two cake pan type .

3 also any recipes on how to bake with these pans? or do I do a hit and miss with them.
any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Lets start with the Angel Food Cake Pan - It is taller than a reg. cake pan, because Angel Food Cakes get taller. So yes you can bake another cake in the Angel Food Cake pan, but it will NOT get as tall. As for the other cake pan????? Not sure of the size. The boxed cake mix should show you different size pans that it will work in, smaller pan the cake will be taller. Larger pan the cake will be lower, because it is covering more room. Good luck

Dakota Girl 09-16-2012 10:43 AM

I have seen angel food pans used for many things. My one thought is to be VERY sure that the inside of the pan is free of any greasy substance. Even a small amount will keep your next angel food cake from rising well. I always put my pan through the dishwasher. This post made me think about another cake. Does anyone remember the Chiffon Cakes that were so popular when I was a child. My mom made a lot for birthday cakes. They were baked in an angel food pan.

teacherbailey 09-16-2012 12:03 PM

If either pan is made by Wilton (probably the special shaped pans?) you can go on their website and let it know what pans you have and it will give you cute ideas of what to do with it. Other companies might do the same too, but Wilton is well-known for this. Even their pans from the '80's are on there!