Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Quick Yummy Bars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/quick-yummy-bars-t57216.html)

n2scraplvr 07-31-2010 07:42 PM

These are so delectable -- only 4 ingredients! I love anything with marshmallow creme in -- that's why I call these Yummy Bars.
Yummy Bars

1 stick margarine, melted
1 Duncan Hines Deluxe II Devil's Food Cake Mix
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme

1) Combine melted margarine and dry cake mix. Reserve 1-1/2 cups for top crust. Pat remaining crumb mixture into ungreased 9x13 pan.

2) Top that layer with combined peanut butter and marshmallow creme and spread evenly. Crumble remaining mixture over that.

3) Bake 20 min. at 350 deg. Cool. Cut into bars (makes 3 doz.) This recipe is always requested!! Enjoy!!

;)

CarrieAnne 08-01-2010 05:22 AM

YUM! I might make these today if it doesnt get too hot, I have everything for them!

littlehud 08-01-2010 08:26 AM

Those do sound yummy. Thanks for sharing.

craftybear 08-01-2010 08:36 AM

thanks for sharing (I am allergic to peanut butter, wonder what else I could use)

n2scraplvr 08-01-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
YUM! I might make these today if it doesnt get too hot, I have everything for them!

This is a great recipe! They are actually called "Speedy Little Devils" but I couldn't stand that name so I just call them Yummy, haha, because that's what they are!! Hope you'll try them!! It's great having things on hand w/o having to run out for one ingredient. Enjoy~! ;-)

n2scraplvr 08-01-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Those do sound yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome!!

:D :D

n2scraplvr 08-01-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
thanks for sharing (I am allergic to peanut butter, wonder what else I could use)

Your welcome! I would substitute the peanut butter with butterscotch chips, dried fruits or melted Snickers bars or any candy bar would be good!! You could sprinkle in a bag of M&M's over the creme for a colorful middle! There are lots of people allergic to peanut butter and hope they'll try one of these substitutions. Have fun with this one!!

:-D :wink: :wink:

p.s. I just thought about spreading it with some strawberry preserves!! :D

craftybear 08-01-2010 07:26 PM

thank you

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

Your welcome! I would substitute the peanut butter with butterscotch chips, dried fruits or melted Snickers bars or any candy bar would be good!! You could sprinkle in a bag of M&M's over the creme for a colorful middle! There are lots of people allergic to peanut butter and hope they'll try one of these substitutions. Have fun with this one!!

n2scraplvr 08-02-2010 08:14 AM

thank you

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

Your welcome!!
:thumbup:

craftybear 10-31-2010 04:58 PM

thanks for the recipe, yummy