Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   From quilt walk, honey lime chicken enchiladas. I hope you like it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/quilt-walk-honey-lime-chicken-enchiladas-i-hope-you-like-t223649.html)

cmputerdazed 06-13-2013 08:56 PM

From quilt walk, honey lime chicken enchiladas. I hope you like it.

We had our quilt festival last week end, the food was delicious. One recipe that I was able to get was:

Honey Lime Chicken (or could do pork) Enchiladas
Ingredients:
6 Tablespoons honey
5 Tablespoons lime juice (1-2 large limes)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded (3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
8-10 fajita-size flour tortillas
1 pound Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce (like the Herdez brand)
1 cup heavy cream, sour cream or half-and-half
Directions:
Wisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the marinade into a Ziploc bag (or other covered container) toss with the shredded chicken. Refrigerate and let it marinate for at least ½ hour and up to 8 hours. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour about ½ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken (save the leftover marinade) and shredded cheese, save about 1 cup of the cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until brown and crispy on top.

peabee 06-14-2013 04:12 AM

sounds great, thanks!

mjhaess 06-14-2013 05:33 AM

Sounds yummy...thanks..

Latrinka 06-14-2013 05:45 AM

OMG, sounds really delish, making me hungry again!

craftynell 06-14-2013 03:33 PM

I'm making this very soon. Like now.

ShabbyTabby 06-14-2013 05:11 PM

Thanks...I copied this to my enchilada recipe file. Sounds really different and good.

caspharm 06-15-2013 10:58 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for the recipe.

fmhall2 06-15-2013 04:11 PM

Ours will be out of the oven in about 15 minutes and we can hardly wait. What I already tasted as we were making it, sure tasted good. Thanks so much for puting out the recipe. Our main problem in the preparation was that our honey had crystallized, and we had quite a time of heating it enough to get our 6 TBs out of the jar. Honey is now on our grocery list.

heronlady 07-24-2013 09:54 AM

Made this dish for the first time the other night--it's a "keeper", definitely. I used the Herdez Salsa as couldn't find the enchilada sauce and wanted to stay with the brand you recommended. Thanks for a company worthy addition to my recipe file.

Acton 08-04-2013 10:19 PM

Hey guy,
I read out about your recipe because it is very healthier recipe for get energy
and health.It is very yummy recipe and i am really thankful to sharing this
recipe........