Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Taco Seasoning Mix (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/taco-seasoning-mix-t78089.html)

n2scraplvr 11-22-2010 04:17 PM

I love the mix so much that I quit buying it and now make my own. Here's my version. It's not too hot and it's similar to the 'best ever' version.

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

1 TB. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1-1/2 tsp. gr. cumin
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper

Mix all together and store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 servings. To 1 lb. of gr. beef you would add 2/3 c. water and the mix. :D

mrspete 11-22-2010 04:20 PM

Thank you. I've not known the ingredients and my congested heart failure does not allow me to us the premixed stuff with preservatives and salt in it. I have to be careful buying the spices, too. I try to dry my stuff and grind it and put it in containers, but the shelf life on it isn't long. No preservatives, ya know, lol. I'm trying your recipe. Love tacos and can't remember when I've had any.

Blessings,
Ruth

n2scraplvr 11-22-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Thank you. I've not known the ingredients and my congested heart failure does not allow me to us the premixed stuff with preservatives and salt in it. I have to be careful buying the spices, too. I try to dry my stuff and grind it and put it in containers, but the shelf life on it isn't long. No preservatives, ya know, lol. I'm trying your recipe. Love tacos and can't remember when I've had any.

Blessings,
Ruth

Your welcome, mrspete!! Been meaning to drop you a line and telling you how much I love your avatar pic so I'll do it now. I JUST LOVE your pic!!! haha. I know what you mean about the shelf life and preservatives in everything we buy!! I trust my own concoctions better - at least I can pronounce what's in them! Believe it or not, I use this mix for soups and stews more than tacos!! It gives it such a wonderful sharpness!! At work, people would drool over my lunch because of the smell!! And that's because of the wonderful seasoning mix!!! Try it in some homemade soup sometime!! You'll love it!!

;) ;)

CarrieAnne 11-22-2010 04:35 PM

Thanks!

Pickles 11-22-2010 05:53 PM

Thank you for this recipe ,I use to have it and had lost it .

:D

n2scraplvr 11-22-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pickles
Thank you for this recipe ,I use to have it and had lost it .

:D

Your welcome, everyone!!

:D :D

littlehud 11-22-2010 07:03 PM

Thanks, I'm going to have to try this.

n2scraplvr 11-22-2010 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Thanks, I'm going to have to try this.

You bet!!!! :D :D ;)

amma 11-22-2010 11:17 PM

Thank you :D:D:D

Quilter 42 11-23-2010 03:42 AM

Thank you .... I love tacos... plus I sometimes add it to my Chili.. and with the colder weather here in NJ I will be making my Chili soon... Thank you again...