Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Tips for diabetic people (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/tips-diabetic-people-t297115.html)

linmid 05-26-2018 03:16 AM

Boston1954 where do you get your White Kidney Bean Extract?

ka9sdn 05-26-2018 12:01 PM

Boston1954 I would like to know your source too. I am in Indiana

elnan 05-26-2018 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by linmid (Post 8064720)
Boston1954 where do you get your White Kidney Bean Extract?

I googled it and Amazon.com was the first one that came up. It sounds good, but I am skeptical. I bought into the idea of green smoothies taking off pounds. After one week of them, the scale had not moved. My husband loved them because I told him to buy extra bananas for the freezer. He loves bananas in any way, shape, or form. I think the only answer for me is exercise, just need to do it.

madamekelly 05-26-2018 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 8064631)
The Facebook page is “Reversing Diabeles” you have to join to get info as it is a closed group.

That should have read “Reversing Diabetes”. Sorry dork typist issue....lol.

Boston1954 05-26-2018 01:40 PM

Jim gets it online. I think from Amazon.

Mariah 05-30-2018 07:33 AM

I know you are right about buying the buns for hamburgers, ect. There is something about a "good old hamburger and hot dog I can't go long without fixing it. We didn't have buns when growing up. We lived on a farm and "every penny counted." So, don't know where I got that craving!
Had never thought about the roll-ups with PButter, but a great idea! Thanks.
Amazing what we learn from others;every day!
Thanks to all for all of the helpful hints on not just quilting, but everything!
Mariah

feline fanatic 05-31-2018 05:19 AM

My husband was recently diagnosed with type II diabetes. We have cut out a lot carbs and only enjoy bread and pasta as an occasional rare treat. For cheeseburgers I make cheeseburger salads. I tear up lettuce (I like to use the mixed greens that have baby spinach in them) add tomatoes, sliced half sour pickles and a little bit of sweet onion (yeah onions are one of the bad veggies). I make a dressing out of 1 tablespoon each of mayo, the half sour pickle juice, dijon mustard and Heinz 57 sauce which we share between the two salads. I cook the hamburger and then cut it up into bite size pieces and lay on top of the salad. We both love it and don't miss the bun one tiny bit.

I substitute sweet potato fries for french fries and make them myself by slicing thin like a chip and then spraying with pam or olive oil in a mister and roast in a 450 oven. You have to watch them carefully because they go from just right to burnt in no time flat.

Things like fajitas, we limit ourselves to one tortilla but have extra filling.

I have looked into the keto diet but I freely admit I am addicted to certain carbs and can't stay on it. I was the same with Atkins which is very similar to Keto.