Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Wendy's unsweetened strawberry iced tea. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/wendys-unsweetened-strawberry-iced-tea-t221477.html)

sandypants 05-14-2013 10:08 AM

Wendy's unsweetened strawberry iced tea.

I love the Wendy's unsweetened strawberry iced tea. Does anyone happen to know how they make it, so I could make my own at home?

PurplePassion 05-14-2013 10:13 AM

I liked their Wild berry tea better. They use a fruit puree. I use a flavored syrup -peach by the coffees or berry from the pancake mix area. but I like my tea a bit sweet.

BellaBoo 05-14-2013 10:46 AM

I put frozen strawberries or peaches or raspberries in the blender with a little fruit juice and blend until smooth. I use to strain it for the kids as they didn't like the pulp. I don't mind the pulp. I keep it in the fridge in pour container and add to my sweet ice tea to taste. It's delicious.

dakotamaid 05-14-2013 10:48 AM

My mom makes one now that is iced tea pureed with ripe strawberries. She puts it in her blender and "liquefies" it! She does not make this ahead, just as she needs it.

DebraK 05-14-2013 10:49 AM

yum, I bet that would work as ice cubes too.

Sandrea 05-15-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6063783)
I put frozen strawberries or peaches or raspberries in the blender with a little fruit juice and blend until smooth. I use to strain it for the kids as they didn't like the pulp. I don't mind the pulp. I keep it in the fridge in pour container and add to my sweet ice tea to taste. It's delicious.

I have to try this....sounds so good and refreshing!!

Annieflower 05-16-2013 02:56 AM

I can't wait to make this!!!!! I think the frost is gone and it's going to get hot. How refreshing. I also like to use sparkling soda water with fruit for drinks.

Gerbie 05-16-2013 04:29 AM

I love tea, but only unsweetened. I do have a recipe, I haven't tried it yet, because it is sweet, but will share. I rec.'d this from a friend by email.

Perfect Sweet Tea (makes 1 gallon)
(adapted from the Lone Star Steak House in Texas City, Texas) now closed.

Ingredients:
5-8 family size tea bags ( or 12 regular tea bags)
1 quart (4cups) boiling water
3 quarts (12cups) cool water
1 1/2 -2 cups of sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (this is the secret ingredient!)
Directions
1. sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher. Add tea bags to the pitcher/baking soda.
Pour boiling water over tea bags, cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes
2. Remove and toss tea bags.
Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
Add cool water
Refrigerate until cold and read to drink.
3. Serve over ice.
I will try this when my son comes home in August - he can drink sweet tea, but the rest of us do not.
I am going to try it without the sugar, supposedly the soda makes the tea very clear I will try it and see.

AlienQuilter 06-03-2013 04:12 AM

I wonder if this will work with Stevia in the Raw? Anyone tried it?

Also, how did the baking soda work?

MartiMorga 06-03-2013 04:25 AM

The baking soda keeps the tea from clouding, doesn't do anything to taste.