Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What I did today!!!! Whew!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/what-i-did-today-whew-t122026.html)

icon17 05-09-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I spent the morning cleaning and vacuuming while my DH was picking green beans......
I spent the rest of the day canning 41 quarts of green beans. I just finished the last canner full.
Now I have a variety of peppers to do. Anybody have a really good pepper relish recipe?
My new favorite thing is pickled squash!!! DELICIOUS!!!!!
I have a lot of green tomatoes and corn will be ready to pick within a week. I have been so busy this past couple of months! I look forward to getting back to my DGD's quilt!! :D :D :D

'Fried Green Tomatoes?'one my Fav movies but can you really eat them?
8-)

Rhonda 05-09-2011 08:38 PM

Ditter when did you plant them? Here in Iowa they are just starting to plant gardens in the last couple of weeks.

Rhonda 05-09-2011 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by icon17

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I spent the morning cleaning and vacuuming while my DH was picking green beans......
I spent the rest of the day canning 41 quarts of green beans. I just finished the last canner full.
Now I have a variety of peppers to do. Anybody have a really good pepper relish recipe?
My new favorite thing is pickled squash!!! DELICIOUS!!!!!
I have a lot of green tomatoes and corn will be ready to pick within a week. I have been so busy this past couple of months! I look forward to getting back to my DGD's quilt!! :D :D :D

'Fried Green Tomatoes?'one my Fav movies but can you really eat them?
8-)

Fried green tomatoes are scrumptious!! We flour the slices and fry them on each side. they are delicious!! It was my dad's favorite thing out of the garden!

fidgety 05-09-2011 11:00 PM

you can send some of those green beans my way! lol.. I am dying to put in a garden but we havw walnut trees and we have tried for 2 years now and everything we plant dies. Guessing it is from the walnut trees. my green beans from a few years back are about to run out...

MissSandra 05-10-2011 02:54 AM

I'm going to post my zuchinni relish, Yummmmm.

sueisallaboutquilts 05-10-2011 04:56 AM

Ditter, you're making me jealous and hungry!! :D:D

CarrieAnne 05-10-2011 07:04 AM

Lucky you! I cant wait for green beans!

bluteddi 05-10-2011 07:27 AM

I have a wonderful Pear relish recipe if u get any pears..... mmmmmmm it's yummy!!

pjustice63 05-10-2011 12:18 PM

Congrats, Ditter. I have never learned to garden in Florida. Can't make anything grow in that sand. Glad I can come back to Ky. in summer.

donnaree59 05-11-2011 06:38 PM

I can my greenbeans too, so I KNOW how much you got done today... It's a long, tiring job, but OH, SO WORTH IT! There's nothing better than home canned green beans. There is so much difference when you put them up and when they are bought in a "can". You can really taste the difference. Sounds as if you will be busy for a while with all your other garden canning/ putting up....