Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What to make for . . . ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/what-make-t306994.html)

bearisgray 09-19-2019 10:42 AM

What to make for . . . ?

I consider myself to be an "adequate" cook.

However, cooking is not my most favorite thing to do - and deciding what to make/fix/cook is the most difficult part of the whole project.

When asking family members "What do you want for ... ?"

Sometimes the response is "Whatever you feel like making."

"Nothing." does not seem to be what they want to hear!

ekuw 09-19-2019 11:16 AM

I agree with you that the deciding part is the most difficult part of cooking. That said, I am so over cooking...it cuts into my quilting time :D

Tartan 09-19-2019 11:50 AM

When I ask what the family wants for supper, they have learned to give an answer or it’s take out! I base my meals on rotating my meat choices, beef, chicken, pork, venison, fish etc.

Rhonda K 09-19-2019 11:54 AM

I hear you! I seldom cook dinner anymore. There may be scrambled eggs once a week or perhaps a grilled cheese sandwich.

suern3 09-19-2019 01:54 PM

My husband and I would agree with you, thinking of what to cook can be the hardest part of the meal. I am lucky in that my husband shares cooking duty with me since he retired. He even likes to do the grocery shopping. (actually, he thinks I spend too much and take to long:) But we often joke that you get just as much credit for thinking of a meal as you do for cooking it. The only thing that scares him is when I start out with "I found an interesting recipe on the internet". Alarms go off!

Sundayboy 09-19-2019 02:59 PM

When I ask what does anyone want to eat they tell me now. LOL or they know it is fried liver and onions and split pea soup. They know I like liver and onions and soup.

origamigoldfish 09-19-2019 03:27 PM

I cook for a living; luckily my menu is small! I spend 8 hours a day frying chicken, fish, assorted goodies, and making comfort food in mass amounts. The last thing I want to do when I get home is make a decision about food. Crockpot soups are my go to meal at home...a body can only eat so much pizza, lol.

pocoellie 09-19-2019 04:53 PM

I hate to cook and do as little of it as I can. LOL If/when I do, I usually do casseroles, double the batch, then I don't have to cook again soon. LOL

Rumbols 09-19-2019 08:23 PM

I spend one day a week cooking. I cook enough for the week. I am lucky hubby cleans up after I cook. During the week, we can heat up whatever I've cooked. When the food runs out, we eat take-out. LOL
I need my quilting time.:thumbup:

earthwalker 09-19-2019 10:34 PM

I like to cook, but now my husband has been retired for some time, he does it all. Except for jam making or the odd dessert or cake, I have kind of hung my apron up. I still work 3 days per week....so definitely wouldn't want to cook after work....it is a very stressful job and to be honest I don't even feel like eating some nights.