Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What are you making with your holiday leftovers? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/what-you-making-your-holiday-leftovers-t209268.html)

Geri B 12-27-2012 06:38 AM

For Christmas day dinner we had surf&turf, parsley potatoes, green veggie.....all gone!!!!!!But am now making split pea soup from hambone and scraps from daughter's house from C/Eve's ham, yum, yum......Happy New Year to all

Caswews 12-27-2012 07:22 AM

We had bone in Ham for our holiday dinner along with a few others things from friends who came over!LOL so we took the ham bone and put it in the crock pot; let it cook and then made ham and bean soup out of it. Turkey/Roast beef sammichs for lunches, and a dinner. Potatoes for potato pancakes as we call em. Even the avatar got some Christmas dinner too and left overs (without any onion or garlic mind you!LOL).

fayeberry 12-27-2012 07:36 AM

Make gumbo! YUM

Mariah 12-27-2012 08:34 AM

We always have Ham for Christmas. One of our favorites using left-overs is Corn Chowder.
Here is the recipe:
Chop Ham into bite-size pieces.
Cut Potatoes into chunks and boil until fairly soft.
Combine the 2 and add a can of Creamed Corn.
Stir well, heat and add Salt and Pepper.
Stir well and heat on low, so it doesn't stick.
This amount will serve 2, by adding bread/butter, glass of milk and cookies.
***Is a quick casserole when you are tired and would rather be quilting!!
Takes about 10 minutes--tops, start-finish.
Mariah

saveaquilt 12-27-2012 08:16 PM

Tomorrow I'm dicing some leftover ham into a fine mince and making ham salad for sandwiches. Love it.

Steady Stiching 12-28-2012 05:34 AM

Going to try a new recipe for food processor oil based pie dough with my traditional turkey pot pie.

barny 12-28-2012 05:39 AM

We had tons of food and I sent all of it home with everyone, except 2 plate lunches. Everything is gone. Now I can start over. I did make a big pot of vegetable soup before Christmas, so we would have something light to eat after all that heavy food.

AlienQuilter 12-28-2012 06:09 AM

Thanks everyone for sharing what you did with the leftovers. My family also loves leftover mashed potatoes made into pancakes.

My DH said the turkey and dumplings were delicious. I could not have any though. Dentist has me on a cold, soft food diet because of a dental problem. Oh well, I got to sniff it!

tulip43 12-28-2012 06:26 AM

Our daughter always makes up 2 casserolls to take home, it is a 7 hr drive for them and she just has to heat when they get there. We made one for the 2 of us also. they left around 8am this morning. A big help for them and us.

nancyw 12-28-2012 07:08 AM

About 5 years ago I started doing a beef roast, prime rib or rib roast. The last two years we've been going to my son's home in CO. This year he got the roast from his work for free. There was leftover meat, the only thing leftover and we brought some home. Last night for dinner we had french dip sandwiches for dinner. Boy were they good.