Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What's Cookin' at Your House? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/whats-cookin-your-house-t248401.html)

dd 10-03-2014 04:59 AM

We are going to a buffet restaurant tonight with 5 yr old grandson. His favorite place to go because he can eat shrimp and mac & cheese. Last night we had a really good roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, corn and rolls. Tomorrow is meatloaf and homemade mac & cheese and broccoli. Maybe we will make brownies for dessert. Grandson likes to help make brownies.

IrishgalfromNJ 10-03-2014 09:50 AM

I'm making my favorite tonight. Tuna sandwich with a salad.

Stitchnripper 10-03-2014 12:25 PM

I'll be having a Cosmo and a Lean Cuisine 4 cheese pizza.

Billi 10-10-2014 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 6914044)
I'll be having a Cosmo and a Lean Cuisine 4 cheese pizza.

Nice :-)

Tonight was sautéed chicken tenders, baked golden acorn squash and Caesar salad

dd 10-11-2014 04:25 AM

guess it's fish sticks and tater tots tonight since our grandson is here. He usually wants broccoli but I have some snow peas left over so we might have those.

Billi how do you make your acorn squash?

Billi 10-11-2014 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 6923858)
guess it's fish sticks and tater tots tonight since our grandson is here. He usually wants broccoli but I have some snow peas left over so we might have those.

Billi how do you make your acorn squash?

My kids only wanted broccoli if it was raw mr bill won't eat it no matter how it's prepared.

DD I baked it whole till very done you can cut it first and bake it cut side down with a little water in the pan I just HATE cutting through raw squash. Any way once it was done I scooped out the really soft insiders and stirred in a little salt cinnamon, and good maple syrup. Brown sugar and cinnamon is also good. For a savory blend I'll stir in salt, pepper, sage and rosemary.

dd 10-11-2014 05:43 AM

Thanks Billi. That's what I figured but thought I'd ask. DH won't eat it so I don't make it very often.

Billi 10-11-2014 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 6923974)
Thanks Billi. That's what I figured but thought I'd ask. DH won't eat it so I don't make it very often.

I love this time of year I can buy the very small ones just enough for 2 that way if mr bill is being veg phobic there is just enough left over for my lunch or I'll have it for dinner on the second night.

ScubaK 10-12-2014 10:52 AM

Ive got some bread in the machine... with parmesan and cracked black pepper, baking some chicken thighs with a Cajun spice.
K

Jennie and Me 10-12-2014 01:15 PM

Hot Meat! It's pork meat cut into bite sized pieces, boiled, then browned and put into blended tomatoes and green chilies(canned). Served over rice...yummmm! Salad on the side. Son's request. They are on their way here so that we can celebrate Malina's ( GD) third birthday, which was actually yesterday. Can't believe the little Munchkin is three already!