Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Yogurt Pie (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/yogurt-pie-t280334.html)

tranum 07-10-2016 09:37 PM

Yogurt Pie

Refreshing in hot weather and very fast to make.

Have all ingredients open and ready to go:
1 graham cracker crust (save plastic cover)
1 small box sugar free jello
2 small containers of yogurt (same flavor as jello)
1 tub thawed whipped topping

Scrape yogurts into a large size mixing bowl. Mix jello with 1/4 cup boiling water in a small bowl and stir until jello is entirely dissolved. Pour over yogurt and stir until smooth. Fold in whipped topping thoroughly. Pour into crust. Invert plastic cover to make dome on pie and refrigerate.

Tartan 07-11-2016 03:06 AM

Sounds good!

lclang 07-11-2016 03:21 AM

STrawberry yogurt pie: one 8-oz tub strawberry flavored yogurt, 1 small box frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, one 8-oz tub whipped topping. Thaw strawberries and drain some of the juice if extra wet, mix with yogurt and whipped topping. Makes a yummy pie. I use a graham cracker crust or a cookie crust.

ManiacQuilter2 07-11-2016 05:24 AM

I agree, sounds delicious!

mac 07-11-2016 11:31 AM

Oh man, oh man, that sounds so good. I'll guess I'll be going to the store for some Strawberry yogurt and Cool Whip.

Davena 07-11-2016 06:34 PM

MMMMM.. I am hungry for just this. Will have to make one tomorrow...thanks for sharing. Both recipes sound good.

lclang 07-12-2016 03:16 AM

I have two grandkids who fight over who gets the last piece of strawberry yogurt pie. One year at Thanksgiving we had so many pies that we couldn't eat them all, including a whole strawberry yogurt pie. I put them out on the front porch and covered them for the night. During the night the grandson sneaked back to our house and stole the whole pie. He was very disappointed that we never missed it at all because he hoped to create a great mystery regarding where that pie went. WE still laugh about the great pie heist!

maviskw 07-12-2016 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by tranum (Post 7599052)
1 graham cracker crust (save plastic cover)
1 small box sugar free jello
2 small containers of yogurt (same flavor as jello)
1 tub thawed whipped topping

Scrape yogurts into a large size mixing bowl. Mix jello with 1/4 cup boiling water in a small bowl and stir until jello is entirely dissolved. Pour over yogurt and stir until smooth. Fold in whipped topping thoroughly. Pour into crust. Invert plastic cover to make dome on pie and refrigerate.

You can make this with kefir, too, but don't put the kefir into the hot Jell-O. After the Jell-O is cooled down to about body temperature, you can stir it in or beat it in. You won't even taste the difference but you will get the benefits of the probiotic kefir.

Jan in VA 07-13-2016 08:01 PM

Any of those whipped toppings make me so sick to my stomach, I assume due to the artificial/chemical ingredients. Same reaction to any Burger King burgers. Just give me the real thing!:o

Jan in VA