Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   You like chocolate pie? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/you-like-chocolate-pie-t296034.html)

Onebyone 04-07-2018 11:19 AM

You like chocolate pie?

This is so good.

Decadent Chocolate Cream Pie

1 refrigerated pie crust, blind baked (baked empty) according to package directions, cooled
4 ounces of UNsweetened baking chocolate
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
12 oz container of Cool Whip, thawed, divided

In the top of a double boiler (or in the microwave) melt together the chocolate and the condensed milk, stirring until smooth and well blended. Set aside to cool to room temp, about 20-30 minutes.

Fold about 8 oz of the Cool Whip into the chocolate mixture, this will be stiff to start out with, but be patient and work slowly, adding the Cool Whip about a third at a time. Set aside about a cup or so of the Cool Whip for the top of the pie. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Put the chocolate-Cool Whip mixture into the prebaked pie crust. Top with the remaining Cool Whip.

I tried using real whipped cream but it doesn't hold up so stick with Cool Whip.

Boston1954 04-07-2018 02:50 PM

The thought of this makes my mouth water. Thanks for sharing.

tranum 04-07-2018 04:35 PM

Count me in, I’m making this !!!

Jingle 04-07-2018 07:25 PM

I only use chocolate cook and serve pudding in graham cracker premade crust with merrique on top. Years ago I just made regular crust..

luvstoquilt 04-08-2018 03:49 AM

Sounds scrumptious!

maviskw 04-08-2018 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by [COLOR=#000000
I tried using real whipped cream but it doesn't hold up so stick with Cool Whip.[/COLOR]

There is something you can add to real whipped cream to make it more stable, but I forgot what that was.
Corn starch? Maybe someone else can remember.
I would use the real stuff if I could.

Onebyone 04-08-2018 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 8036329)
There is something you can add to real whipped cream to make it more stable, but I forgot what that was.
Corn starch? Maybe someone else can remember.
I would use the real stuff if I could.

I tried using the real stuff and won't try again. Anyway Cool Whip is easier for this pie.

calla 04-08-2018 07:49 AM

This sounds so tasty......thanks

maviskw 04-09-2018 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8036410)
I tried using the real stuff and won't try again. Anyway Cool Whip is easier for this pie.

I'm not looking for easy. I'm looking for natural. One thing I know I could use is unflavored gelatin. I think you would have to dissolve a little in cold water, then add hot water to cook it, then cool it before adding to the pie. That sounds like a lot of work, but people who want to go natural are used to that.

mac 04-09-2018 11:07 AM

Ooooh weeeeee! Natural or not, this pie is making my mouth water. I am still going to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and will have to make this for the time after my weigh-in for the week. There are just days when you have to cheat (and sometime weeks). LOL