Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Your Special Winter Soup Recipes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/your-special-winter-soup-recipes-t28302.html)

Bevanger 12-11-2009 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
My favorite would be the white bean chili- just posted it on the other chili posting- check it out!

mmmmmm chili........

:thumbup:

Iluv2quilt 12-11-2009 06:08 AM

Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup:
Cook Roast (just about any cut) with 2 cups of beef broth in Crock Pot overnight in morning shred beef.
Cut bell peppers (all colors), carrots, celery, onion and place them in pressure cooker with 1 cup of beef broth. Pressure cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
Place vegetables in with shredded beef and broth, add large can diced tomatos and simmer for 1 - 2 hours.

Piedmont Quilter 12-11-2009 06:34 AM

We have a garden every year so I always have home made veggie soup in my pantry. This year I think the grand total was around 50+ quarts. All I do is pop open the jar and add browned ground beef of stew beef. The kids love it with biscuits on top!!

LindaR 12-11-2009 06:43 AM

my favorite is a chicken tortalini....really good....cooked chicken, mixed veggies, broth, can tomatoes and last half hour add cheese tortalini....if overcooked the tortalini will fall apart but good heated up anyway

Piedmont Quilter 12-11-2009 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
my favorite is a chicken tortalini....really good....cooked chicken, mixed veggies, broth, can tomatoes and last half hour add cheese tortalini....if overcooked the tortalini will fall apart but good heated up anyway

Nw that sounds good!! I may have to try that with the veggie soup too!!

May in Jersey 12-13-2009 06:46 AM

Been trying to duplicate the great thick creamy mushroom barley soup I used to get in NYC diners. This recipe is pretty close to it.

Creamy Mushroom Barley Soup

2 tablespoons butter
1 cup mushrooms, sliced or chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup barley
1 can (26 oz) Cream of Mushroom soup
(or smaller cans to equal approximately 26 oz.)
3 cups water
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Saute mushroom, onions and carrots in the butter until tender. Add barley and saute until it's lightly browned. Add soup, water, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer 40 minutes or until the barley is soft.
Enjoy! May in Jersey

LindaR 12-13-2009 08:34 AM

my favorite tomato soup is so easy, we have it often in the winter.

2 cans tomato soup
l can diced tomatoes with all the seasonings...oregano, garlic, etc. DO NOT drain
l can milk

heat thru stirring often and serve with parmasean cheese...love it.

LindaR 12-13-2009 09:32 AM

not when you add it after all the cans are in the pan...creamy tomato soup....never use water

amma 12-13-2009 01:58 PM

Yum...all of these recipes sound so good!!! I am going to go back and pick one for tonight :D:D:D Printing out all of the rest...I love soup when it is chilly out :D:D:D

amma 12-13-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Hmm never heard of milk with tomatoes- doesn't it curdle?

We used to eat Creamed Tomatoes... Whole tomatoes cooked in milk and then toss in homemade seasoned croutons at the end... awesome!!! I have never had milk curdle with tomatoes. We always added milk to the canned tomato soup to, it is much less acidic tasting. :D:D:D