Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   zucchini recipe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/zucchini-recipe-t226690.html)

grandmahoney 07-28-2013 02:38 AM

zucchini recipe

what is your favorite zucchini recipe?

QuiltE 07-28-2013 05:01 AM

**Stir fried with lots of onions ... and other veggies.
Add in some canned tomatoes but to keep it moist.
Season to taste.

**Make LOTS of the above, for Planned Overs for another meal.
Put in a casserole. Top with bread crumbs. Bake
Top with shredded cheese towards end.
Return to oven til melted/bubbly and a little toasty on top.

**And you can't beat zucchini bread!!

I don't grow it, but I sure like to help people out when they start complaining about their prolific zucchinis! :D

alfosa421 07-28-2013 05:27 AM

Zucchini pancakes!

nanacc 07-28-2013 10:01 AM

My zucchini bread loaves are a big hit! Make the small loaves to put on gift trays at xmas.

sassey 07-28-2013 01:16 PM

Zuchinni Brownies or choc cake is to die for I also grill it if we happen to be grilling.

Jo M 07-28-2013 01:36 PM

I love zuchinni bread best, but here's another way to use up the excess. We look forward to it every summer now.

ZUCHINNI & FRESH CORN

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup diced red onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fat-free, reduced sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth
1 cup fresh corn kernels cut from cob (about 2 ears)
3 cups thinly sliced zuchinni
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add the vegetable or chicken broth and corn kernels and continue to cook until the corn is heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the zuchinni, cover and continue cooking an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Mix in the butter, salt and black pepper. Spoon the vegetable mixture into a shallow baking dish and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Place in the oven and broil until the cheese topping is golden brown, about 2 to 5 minutes.

institches33 07-29-2013 03:40 AM

The recipe on the Stove Top Suffing Box. Stuffing, zucchini, ground meat, mushrooms, cr. of chicken soup and sour cream.

paulswalia 07-29-2013 03:58 AM

Chocolate Zucchini Bread (make regular Zuke bread and add a quarter cup of cocoa) and Zucchini Relish.

janeknapp 07-29-2013 04:09 AM

Zucchini Casserole (Rice Casserole Italiano)

Five luscious layers of meat, cheeses, egg, rice, and a zucchini seasoned Italian style

Zucchini Casserole (Rice Casserole Italiano)

1 qt. sliced fresh zucchini
1# lean ground beef
1 c. chopped onions
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 t. Italian seasoning
2 c. cooked rice
1 can (8 ozs.) tomato sauce
1 c. cottage cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Cook zucchini in boiling salted water about 2-3 minutes; drain well.
Saute ground meat, onions, garlic, and seasonings until onions are transparent. Stir in rice and tomato sauce. Blend cottage cheese and egg. Arrange half of the zucchini slices in a buttered shallow 2-qt. casserole; spoon on meat-rice mixture. Spread cottage cheese over meat mixture. Top with remaining zucchini and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-325 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Makes six servings. Each serving provides 362 calories.

It is even great the next day as left-overs.

dc989 07-29-2013 06:35 AM

Thanks for these recipes. We finally got to our little place in EA WA last night. DH planted a small garden here too because it is so much sunnier than the coast. We have five HUGE zucchini on our plant. We are talking bring the wheel barrow to move them!!! LOL I grated up one to make zucchini bread last night thinking it would be soft and seedy. It was still nice and firm with only a few seeds on the blossom end. We love zucchini so guess what we will be eating.
BTW my favorite has to be fried breaded zucchini rounds sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese. I can make a meal of that one.