Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Xpress Redi Set Go Grill recipes wanted >

Xpress Redi Set Go Grill recipes wanted

Xpress Redi Set Go Grill recipes wanted

Old 01-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Default Xpress Redi Set Go Grill recipes wanted

I bought a Xpress Redi Set Go Grill which was barely used at a thrift store for $1 and would like to know if anyone has any recipes that they use if they have this Grill. I know, it probably is going to be a disappointment from the comments I have read about it, but I did made a great grill cheese sandwich today using it. Thanks to anyone who will post recipes.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

I have no idea what this is .... is it like a Hamilton Beach or George Foreman Grill?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM

I've had mine for years and I just love it! When I get home from work I'll try to remember to check my home computer for some recipe sites that I have saved. For anyone who is wondering, this is it: (Just don't buy from the website, you can get a way better deal in many other places!): http://www.redisetgo.com/

Here's a website with some recipes: http://redisetgorecipes.blogspot.com/

Our favorite is a recipe for a German Puffy Pancake...will post later!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:14 PM

I bought mine online with the buy one get one free offer. gave one to my daughter. I love mine and use it all the time. Makes great grilled sandwiches, have made cookies , cakes, and omlets. I don't like it for cooking meats in , there is too much juices and the meat doesn't brown. I have a bunch of their recipe books , I could make copies of them for you and mail them. Maybe we could trade for something .
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM

Here's my favorite - the German puffy pancake: http://tastyplanner.com/recipes/german-puffy-pancakes

I haven't been able to find many free recipes online but I'll keep looking!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 PM

i love mine too i use it alot for egg omelets using up my leftovers. i have the one they came out with before the red one too. whenever the kids visit they have to make the cake that they can put a candy bar in. also it is great to make the upside down pineapple cake. just put a little butter and brown sugar in the bottom and then the pineapple then any yellow cake mix. I like to also heat up my leftovers for lunch when it is just me the divider is so easy to take out and clean. sometime i just put it on a pot holder instead of dirting up a plate. also they make good bisquits, i just put two spoon fulls in each well and that makes 4 bisquits. the left over mix i put in the fridge to use the next day. also garlic bread is good too for just a couple of pieces when there is only the 2 of us. right now can't think of anything elase but just use your imagination with it and it can be fun.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 PM

I just bought one at a thrift store for $4 something. It was missing the divider plate and the muffin thingy - but did get the recipe books with it. The only thing we have used it for so far is for Rueben sandwiches and they were fantastic. Browned on both sides - but guess a skillet would have done the same thing.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 PM

You can go to their website and buy different pans for it .
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts34 View Post
I bought a Xpress Redi Set Go Grill which was barely used at a thrift store for $1 and would like to know if anyone has any recipes that they use if they have this Grill. I know, it probably is going to be a disappointment from the comments I have read about it, but I did made a great grill cheese sandwich today using it. Thanks to anyone who will post recipes.
Thank each of you for your comments and help. I found this Yahoo group that had a lot of recipes:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Xpress101/