Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 PM
amandasgramma

Originally Posted by Bev
I thought I was bad, but I can see I'm a rank amateur.
I moved from our very small office/computer room into the bedroom left vacant when my granddaughter went off to college. I thought it would be perfect. There was a double door closet, three blank walls, and a decent size window. But I have filled it up already and am bursting at the seams. How did I ever manage with the smaller room? However we will be downsizing into a smaller house as soon as my husband retires in January. My DH tells me that I have way too much stuff for "just a simple hobby" like quilt making. So, I've been warned that a lot of it will have to go. We will not have the extra bedroom/quilting room. I can't even imagine how I can get rid of as many of my things as he says I'll have to. What I'm thinking of is leading him by the nose to a house (hopefully I'll find the right one) that has a Florida Room, or enclosed porch. Then I'll convince him that we don't need a room like that for the purpose it was meant for, and I will, quick as a bunny, swoop in with all my quilting stuff and get it set up before he knows what hit him. When it's a done deal it will be too much work to change it. I may end up better off because it'll have more windows which means better natural light. What do y'all think? Is this a possibility?
My DH also told me I had to get rid of my "stuff".....I said fine, walked out to his garage and started tossing his "stuff" in a garbage can.......heh heh heh....I still have MY stuff!!!!