Thread: Walmart batting
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Lisa

I just got back from Walmart. Checked out the fabric section of course, noticed they have been thinning it out quite a bit. Then I saw thier batting, they had the poly high loft and low loft King/Queen all marked down from 11.98 to 5.00. They also had the cotton batting full size marked down to 5. They had the poly high and low loft full also at 5. Needless to say I had to check out and go to my car and empty my buggy so there would be room for food (which is what I went for) lol. I have gotten into using the cottton batting but they only had 3 of them left, I snatched up all 3 of those and then enough of the other to keep my mom and I stocked for awhile. I asked the girl there if they were closing fabric out and she said they would be remodeling next year and if it's going to get phased out it will happen then. She said all the other stores in this region have phased it out when it came thier turn to remodel. Our JoAnn's closed, I have a Hancocks and 2 other Walmarts close enough to shop at, one of them is brand new and has the "mini" sewing dept., the other one is older I don't know when or if they plan to remodel. Regardless, I have my batting stocked up! :D