View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 PM
omak

Originally Posted by SuziC
I heard somewhere that a true handmade quilt always has one mistake in it somewhere.... other wise it could just be made in a factory
Even factories have a "fudge" factor.
I worked for one of the best factories in that they inspected and expected a high standard of performance. I was encouraged to do it all perfectly, but there was a bit of a leeway no matter what operation.
I know where every mistake in my quilt is, but I know that my work is quality and the next one will be better, because I will try harder.
Part of life and living is understanding that as humans, it is darned near impossible to be "perfect" ... but KEEP trying ... that is the most important part of the process. If we ever quit trying to be better, we become less of the person we were designed to be.
One of my bosses had a sign that I have treasured since the first time I ever saw it:
"A mistake is evidence that someone tried to accomplish something"
Do not rob yourself of joy because you don't get it all done correctly ... be proud of the fact that you can figure out a more effective way to achieve what you want - - a good product for the use it was designed. And, be grateful that tomorrow, you may have the opportunity to give it another go -- <wave>