Thread: Happy Lappy!!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:37 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by JanetM
I don't which I love more...your quilt, or the story behind it. Lovely quilt, lovely tribute.
Thank you, JanetM!! I should have told the whole story! But the most amazing thing about my father is that he made his own plane (!!) and more than likely without a pattern and most amazing of all is that he designed it so the wings folded up and he could fit it in our basement!!! haha. All three of us were in college at the time but was told a couple from Georgia came to see it and bought it. I don't know the particulars if they flew it home or what!! haha. But it was flyable!! And yes, he had his own planes and flew for 40 yrs. And if that wasn't enough to get the town talking, my brother bought a sailboat (the hull only) (we lived in the mountains! 300 mi. from the sea) and worked on it
in our yard until it was ready to go in the water anchored at Annapolis, MD!!! haha. That was really the talk! He sailed it to the Bahamas and lived there with his boat and family. We were a very noticeable family!! haha.
:D :D