Thread: LQS questions??
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Gramof6

Great topic! Thanks. First in response to your question: Should they offer coupons from Joanns etc.?? Did you mean should they Honor a Jo Ann Coupon? If that was what you were implying, then No, I don't. It is not their place to honor a Jo Anns coupon anymore than it is Jo Anns place to give me however many $ off, after I get so many punches filled on my card after spending so many $ @ the LQS. Jo Ann's is a major Chain Store.

I would love to see great lighting in all Quilt shops. I am fortunate here that they let me wander, browse, drool, whatever, but they also know that if I need or want some help, I will go and ask "Would one of you girls please come help me out?"
I understand the rising costs of fabric. May not love it but understand it. Insurance also has skyrocketed. So figure that in for the LQS prices. Utitlities are certainly not getting cheaper. So Discounted sections in the LQS would be great when they can. Staff being well experienced in various aspects of our craft is great! From choosing color & tecture of fabric to the quilting thread & patterns.
I do love getting the staff's opinion when I need it. The Samples with the patterns available are great. Even if the exact fabric is no longer available, a similar one is usually to be found there. All in all, I guess better lighting is all I would like to see in the LQS I frequent the most.