Thread: LQS questions??
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 AM
dmackey

My first thought was that the shop must have a great selection of fabrics.

What impresses me about my LQS is the friendliness of the staff, the many completed quilts to see, she will order what you want or need, great shopping hours, and they really promote commraderie (sp) to the point where you become involved in the shop. I also like when a salesperson comes in and we get to see new fabrics and give our opinions.

I cut fats and help prep her for quilt shows in exchange for use of the HQ Fusion. Another quilter makes her kits in exchange for a discount on fabrics. There is another lady who makes the quilt tops on display, and she has open sewing time in the classroom to bring in your projects and work on them and EVERYONE in the shop helps with issues for the new quilters. We are not 'paid' employees, but love to be there in such a great atmosphere. It's tough to hire in these times, so this barter system works out great for all involved.

My biggest problem is that while cutting the fats, I start to see more projects come to light and I just can't afford it all!