Old 05-04-2010, 08:16 PM
gail-r

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
BTW, I saw a dresser that would be perfect to turn in to an ironing center in Big Lots. It was $145. If you're going to pay that much for an ironing board you should get lots of great storage too!!
That is what I have been thinking, that maybe I would be happier with that type of arrangement. I can make an ironing pad that would fit the top of a dresser. My only problem would be space for a large piece of furniture in my sewing room. There is only 1 wall between the sewing room and the office. If that wall were to accidently fall down, I could have a nice size sewing room. Dreaming! But i do have a white cabinet that I could move to the office and then I would have room for a small dresser. I just might have to go to second hand store in my little town and see if they might have something that would work. I was also thinking maybe a computer table would work, then I could sit down to iron large projects which would be a good thing for my back. I'm for sure going to buy a cheap iron after reading all of the posts.

Thanks everyone for all of your help. You are all so nice to help me.

Big hugs to all.