View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
gail-r

Originally Posted by Thepecanlady
I also have a Juki and love it. Would you take a pic of the table you are talking about?
It isn't pretty but it is very functional. I have 2 lifetime tables, 1 is 2'x4' and folds up like a reg. folding table. The other is 2'x5' and folds up like a suitcase. You can use any folding table or tables you like or have. If you have a table with adjustable legs it would work even better than what I have. Then from Home Depot I got 4 pieces of foam insulation board. They have them already cut to 2'x4' and have several thicknesses. I used 2 pieces of 1" and 2 pieces of 1 3/4". My machine bed is 2 3/4" above the table. Then from Walmart I got the heaviest vinyl they had in the sewing department. I think I bought 2 yards, I actually had a bit too much. Then you set your machine on the top piece of foam and trace an outline of your machine. I elected to have the 5' table in front so I could have room at the end of my machine for stuff. Then you cut both pieces of foam to fit your machine. Then cut the vinyl to cover your foam and leave the bed of your machine uncovered. That way you can get to your bobbin. Then tape your vinyl down so it doesn't slip. Your quilts will slide really nice over the vinyl. What I really like about this setup is that I can easily take it down. The foam will slide under a bed or stand in a closet, tables fold up and the vinyl is rolled up for storage.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-48093.jpe   attachment-48094.jpe